Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    years Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 12:34 PM
    Michigan I'm owed back child support over 28 years, the case is open.
    Michigan I'm owed back child support for over 28 years how do or where do I go ? Sue for back money it's over 45,000 the case is still open.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 12:34 PM

Where does it stand? I am "guessing" there's a Court Order and the person has been cited for contempt?

Need to know more about circumstances.

Where is the case open?
    years Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 02:37 PM
    Yes the case is still open there's a Court Order and the person has been cited for contempt? Many times.
    We are in the state of Michigan at the Friend's Of The Court.
    Thank you for your quick responses
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 03:23 PM

These matters make my hair stand on end - that's a really big chunk of money.

Has no one attempted to collect from him? Have you tried - or do you have - a Judgment against him? Some States will allow you to get a Judgment and the file liens of garnishments.

Sorry for the questions but it seems every question leads to another question.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 7, 2011, 03:40 PM

A dead beat father who has managed to avoid paying what he owes for 28 years is probably pretty immune to collection. He probably works off the books and only works as much as he needs to. He probably has no assets or anything that can be attached.

You have given us very little to go on, hence the guesswork. You have told us nothing of what attempts have been made to collect or why they have failed. Without such info, you reduce us to guessing or trying to extract info from you that we can use to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I receive back child support owed to me by my father... [ 11 Answers ]

I am 26 years old and my father had a child support order to pay support for both me and my sister. Every time he got a job and the withholding order went through and the support started getting pulled from his paychecks he would quit his job, he did this numerous times to avoid paying his...

If no order is established now, can she get back child support in Michigan? [ 6 Answers ]

"My husband had full physical custody and joint legal custody of a son in Michigan. (I have raised him since he was 4 and he is 15) The bio mom was in and out of his life and when she was 'in' it was so torturous on my whole families lives. She came back in a couple years ago and was quite stable...

Back owed child support [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-husband owes almost $20,000 in back support. He is not currently paying. He has not seen or had any contact with his children in over 8 years. I have a case with the child support enforcement in my area, but they rarely have any luck in finding him. My question is, Why do I never receive his...

Dropping A Back Child Support Case [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old son from a previous relationship. I filed a child support order when my son was young but neither I nor the father followed through with it. My child's father has never been in his life. My husband has been his father for 4 years now. My son's biological father understands this...

Back Child Support That is Owed To Me! [ 5 Answers ]

My Ex Husband and I got divorced and I got custody of the children. His child support obligation was to pay me 1000.00 monthly through the clerk of courts. He rarely paid me, but occasionally he would. Sometimes it was through the clerk, and sometimes directly to me. When he paid me directly I...

View more questions Search