Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    david enke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Roommate sucks
    My roommate scooter has been late with rent every single month I have lived with him. He also hasn't paid utilities for about 3 months. I have not seen him in about two weeks. So I changed the locks and told him I was going to keep everything in his room if he does not pay up. (about $1200 total). He is not on the lease. Today he finally showed up and wanted to take all of his possessions with out paying rent. I did not let him. What can I legally do or not do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2007, 08:48 PM
    No, you can't just keep his stuff, that is stealing, you can file against him in court.

Give him back his stuff, if you want to sue him in small claim court do so.

Learn a lesson to get the right roommate

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Singledom SUCKS! [ 12 Answers ]

It’s been awhile. I honestly think that I am going crazy. I mentioned earlier that my ex of 7 years was getting married. Well it was this Saturday, and I almost died. I don’t want him back, because he treated me very badly. But I’m not sure how to react, how to think, what to do. I did mention...

Landlord/Roommate added roommate without discussion [ 8 Answers ]

My roommate is my landlord. Recently he decided to add roommate to the house. I was never asked,nor was it discussed in any way with me. Two days before the new guys moved in I got a phone call that said, we’re getting a new roommate. He moved into the room next to mine right on time. We, me...

This really sucks [ 6 Answers ]

Dealing well

H&R Sucks [ 15 Answers ]

Dear AtlantaTaxExpert, I really appreciate your help on this forum. Here is my situation Aug’ 02 - Oct’ 04 F1 Oct’ 04 – Oct’ 05 F1 OPT Oct’ 05 – Present H1B

View more questions Search