Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    remodgal Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 05:00 PM
    3/4 valve with 3/4 pipes but 1/2 ' pipes to the heads?
    The shower system I am installing has a 3/4 " thermostatic valve that will "feed" one shower head, one handshower/one rainshower overhead and 3 jets...
    So..the plumber ran 3/4 copper pipes to the hot/cold 3/4 thermostatic valve...but now he says he can use 1/2" COMING OUT " to the shower head/handshower/rainshower because he says those will reduce to 1/2 " anyway
    Is this correct?
    But he says he would run 3/4" for the 3 jets
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 7, 2011, 06:26 AM

Yes, the plumber is correct... :)

Here, the drop ear elbow that will meet (behind wall) with the shower arm and shower head do reduce to 1/2" so no need for more than a 1/2" pipe.

The 3/4" was required so that you can run multiple 1/2" lines (shower head, rain shower head), or even the 3/4" jet heads, at the same time and still have enough VOLUME of water for a great shower experience!

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is pvc pipes can use in kitchen waste pipes for mall structure [ 1 Answers ]

Is pvc pipes can use in kitchen waste pipes for mall structure?

Water pipes knocking on upper floor, after pipes burst [ 7 Answers ]

Hi - recently, my water pipes froze and burst, flooding my basement. I've had the pipes repaired. Now, when I turn on the hot water in my upstairs (2nd floor) sink, there's a knocking/clunking after I turn the hot water off. Its only the hot water (doesn't do it with cold water). When I...

I took the 'heads' off the jets to clean out the pipes [ 4 Answers ]

I took the 'heads' off the jets to clean out the pipes and the heads themselves - I've done this before but this time I've somehow created a slow leak. Is there a seal I could have eroded or something? These are ball-and-socket style with three short screws attaching them to the tub. Of course...

Pipes noisy after replacing fill valve [ 1 Answers ]

Had new fluidmaster fill valve put in to fix a leaky toilet, and now there's a loud banging noise in the pipes (that was never there before) and not only after the toilet is flushed, it's pretty much intermittent throughout the day. Can't sleep at night... Help!

View more questions Search