Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragonchic3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Help cloudy 135 gal
    Hi I was wondering , my 135 gal has been running for 3 years, And I have 2 HOB emperor 400, xP2,Xp3,Xp4 floor canisters... Recentley my tank started getting cloudy so I did a 30% water change as usual which I do once a week.. Then after the water change about 20 min later it started getting really cloudy and wouldn't go away ,its been 3 days now since the water change and seems to be getting worse, anyone know? :confused:
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2007, 10:13 AM
    Hi DragonChic,
    Is your aquarium still having troubles?
    I may be able to help you clear it up and/or help figure out what went wrong to prevent future cloudiness.
    Would you be able to give me these aquarium water readings: Ph, Gh ppm, Kh ppm, Nitrates ppm, and if any: ammonia level and/or Nitrites ppm.
    Can you think of anything that was done differently, changed or cleaned, added or removed(decor/chemicals)? Any details will help.
    Hope to hear back from you,
    -Kae
    shroomgrl79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonchic3
    Hi I was wondering , my 135 gal has been running for 3 years, And I have 2 HOB emperor 400, xP2,Xp3,Xp4 floor canisters...Recentley my tank started getting cloudy so I did a 30% water change as usual which I do once a week..Then after the water change about 20 min later it started getting really cloudy and wouldnt go away ,its been 3 days now since the water change and seems to be getting worse, anyone know??:confused:
    I would check with your water company and see if they have added any new chemicals to your drinking water. That's one thing. I know sometimes my tanks would get cloudy and I bought some chemical to reduce cloudiness but more then 2 days went by and I found out our water company added more chlorine or other. So I had to add more water treatment then usual. I would check with your water company. After that I'm not sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cloudy 10 gal. Fresh Water Tank [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Here we go I set up a 10 gal. fresh water fish tank up back in November, I have no fish in the tank. 1) the PH was very high so I tried to get the ph down (still working on this) 2) the tank has been very cloudy (milky) for about 1 1/2 months No matter what I do its very cloudy and the...

Cloudy aquarium water [ 1 Answers ]

I have an already established aquarium, but cannot get rid of the cloudiness. The ph is Good. Christine

Fish tank cloudy [ 6 Answers ]

All the typical teats come back normal (ammonia, nitrite,nitrate) but the water stays cloudy no matter the water changed or not. The fish tank is a 72 bow front with 4 fish 2 Amazon tiger catfish both about 8 in. 1 armor catfish and 1 pleco. I know the tank is not over stocked or over feed. Any...

View more questions Search