Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJ_Hunter Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 09:00 AM
    Statutory rape
    Hello I was wondering if it was statutory rape if an 18 year old was dating a 15 turning 16 in two months and they had sex ?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 09:01 AM

Depends on location.

Feb 6, 2011, 09:03 AM
    Comment on J_9's post
    I'm living in ontario
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2011, 09:25 AM

Age of consent in Ontario is 16. There is a close in age clause but its within 2 years. So yes it would be statutory rape.

Feb 6, 2011, 09:34 AM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    So it will not be statutory rape ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2011, 09:37 AM

If the sex started at 15 it would be! But even if she is 16 its immoral. No one should be engaging in sexual intercourse unless they are emotionally, physically and financially prepared to have a child.

There are also other issues involved. If the parents are against the 18 yr old having a relationship with their daughter, that could also involve criminal acts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statutory rape 18 yr old 16 yr old [ 8 Answers ]

Er.. Yeah Im turning 18 and Im a girl. But the dude's only 16, he'll be 17 this year. So there's only a year difference between us. But someone said that's still statutory rape. But someone else said that cause Im a girl it doesn't matter. So Im confused. BUT I still want to be with him but I don't...

Statutory rape [ 15 Answers ]

Well I am 18 years old now and I have a daughter that I had at the age of 16 with a man who told me he was 19. I actually met him when I was 15, so that would make him 21 today, but just recently after I turned 18, I soon found at he’s actually 27 years old. And I was just wondering is there...

Statutory rape [ 6 Answers ]

If you have a girlfriend that lives in Alberta canada and she is 16, and you have a son that lives in the US and is 18 and something happends is that considered statutory rape??

Statutory Rape? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone know the laws in Florida? Can a 16 year old girl be charged of statutory rape by the parents of a 14 year old boy? Please help me. This is very important.

Statutory rape [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 19 year old guy who lives in Alberta, Canada & had a sexual intercourse with a 16 year old girl. Can I get charged with statutory rape by her parents? Im not really sure what the age of consent here in Alberta Canada.. please help me

View more questions Search