Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jothiboss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 08:55 AM
    When I Press left arrow and up arrow
    When i Press left arrow and up arrow within fraction of seconds, it automatically opens caluculator. How to disable this.?
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

May 28, 2011, 03:22 PM
    As far as I know there is no suck short cut. There might be 3rd party software installed that has that short cut included. But try the following to narrow down the problem...

Lets try the easiest first. There is a little free program by RJL Software, that shows you all shortcut keys created by users. Download the software and check if there are any keys associated with your calculator. If the program finds any links then simply right click on the shortcut and select edit short cut. Here is the link for the software. (Check Attached Image - shortcut.jpg)
    http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/.../shortcutkeys/

------Another solution...

Restart you computer in safe mode. You can do the F8 thing on boot but a lot of people struggle to do it. So do this, Click on Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> "Run"
    *Type - msconfig in the run box.
    *Goto the boot tab/menu.
    *Under Boot Options, Click Safe Boot and also check minimal. (Check Attached Image - "safemode.jpg")
    *Restart you PC.
    **To start in normal mode again, access msconfig, go to Boot then uncheck the safe mode box.

In safe mode check the shortcut. If its gone then its probably on of the startup items in windows's startup list.

To disable certain programs from starting up you need to access MSconfig again and this time go to the Startup tab. Unchecke all startup items. Now check only the top 5 and leave the reast unchecked, restart and see if the problem persists. If all is good, Add 5 more programs to startup and restart. Do this until you find the application causing this and only disable that one from startup. (Check Attached Image - "elimination.jpg")

Wait, maybe someone assigned a windows shortcut key to it on purpose or by mistake...
    Windows shortcut keys can only be added to a shortcut to the original program.

-----Another solution...

A Bit drastic, but reload you computer completely.

Hope this helps...
    Cheers
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When pree left,right,down arrow key show calculator [ 2 Answers ]

When press n, left,right,down arrow key show calculator

Arrow inserts [ 1 Answers ]

Can glued in inserts be removed and reused?(cutting 2" off my carbon arrows)

82 Pace Arrow [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a easy way to find out if a battery is dead other than buying a tester? Thanks Paul

Back arrow [ 6 Answers ]

Would anyone have any ideal why my back arrow does not work? He just stopped working for no reason as far as I know!

View more questions Search