Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SUAAD Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 08:50 AM
    The best subject to study ?
    i'm 15 years old and am in grade ten igcse , next year am going to finish the school .
    So every year i'm keep on losing my dreams ( what i want to be ) i'm good in all the subjects except maths .
    So would you people advise me to learn , i need help please...
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2011, 08:57 AM

What do you mean you're losing your dreams?

And what do you mean you want us to advise you to learn? Do you mean you want help with your math classes or homework? If that's the case I would suggest talking with your teacher and seeing if you can find a tutor.

Also, please do not use all caps. Not only does it make your post difficult to read, it's also considered the equivalent of yelling in text and rude.

Feb 6, 2011, 09:08 AM
    Do I need maths for psychology ?
    I'm weak in maths and I love psychology ? And what other subjects do I need for psychology ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 09:14 AM

Sociology
    English
    World history
    Public speaking
    World geography
    Algebra (a firm understanding)
    A foreign language or two (Latin, German)

Feb 6, 2011, 09:17 AM
    Comment on justcurious55's post
    OK I'm sorry I won't use it again .
    I don't mean that , I mean when ever I like subject , year later I start hating it , before I used like biomedical science but I hated it and many more...
    So can you tell me more about subjects ?

Feb 6, 2011, 09:19 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    What about if I just studied CHEMISTRY BIOLOGY AND PHYSICS?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 09:22 AM

That wouldn't be good enough. You need to have a broad background in many subjects if you plan to become a therapist or psychiatrist or psychologist.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2011, 09:24 AM

Well what subjects are you interested in? And why have you begun hating all the other subjects you used to be interested in?

Feb 6, 2011, 09:25 AM
    Ohh OK thank you so much you helped me so much .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 09:29 AM

If you become a psych professional, you will be talking with people from all walks of life, so you must be able to manage well. That's why you need the broad background.

Math in psych is called statistics -- figuring out and understanding all sort of research involving patients/clients and various situations/scenarios.

Feb 6, 2011, 09:31 AM
    I'm interested in chemistry biology and physics but not in maths , maths is very difficult for me I was planing to drop it out next year .
    So the reason why is I found them quite boring , all I used like before were all about doctor and medicines

Feb 6, 2011, 09:33 AM
    OK .
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2011, 09:57 AM

Well, unfortunately all of the sciences- chemistry, biology, and physics- all require a good deal of math. Math is hard for a lot of people. But if you're interested in studying any of the sciences, I suggest you stick with math and just keep studying hard.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2011, 10:59 AM

But... but math is fun! :(

May I ask why you hate math so much? Is it a teacher issue? In any case, if you need help in any of biology, chemistry, physics or math, I'll be glad to help you. And in case I'm not here in time, there are other people around ready to help :)

Feb 6, 2011, 10:06 PM
    Comment on Unknown008's post
    No there's no any issue with the teacher , but I found it quite hard I know myself if I try I can , but I was planning to take a subject that does not need maths in the UNIVERSITY . So my "Q " is can tell any subject that there's no math ?

Feb 6, 2011, 10:06 PM
    OK thanks..
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 12:22 AM

Well, as the others already told you, many subjects require some facet of maths or another. I think only the languages don't require maths. Others include statistics if there is no pure maths involved.

Physics, of all three subjects you like carries the most maths. In some of my physics classes, there were even some point where the maths you know had to be pushed further (in calculus and trigonometry for instance). Chemistry you get some algebra while I didn't do Biology as much as Physics and Chemistry, there are some algebra and statistics.

Feb 7, 2011, 01:09 AM
    So I should study hard with maths ?
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 05:50 AM

Knowing the basics in maths cannot hurt, but on the contrary, might help you a lot!

Can I ask you what you exactly you find hard in maths? What is the chapter you would pick if you were asked to pick the worst one? And similarly, the one you dislike the least in math?

Feb 7, 2011, 07:08 AM
    Triangles and those kind of stuffs .
    But algebra is kind of easy for me . :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Subject: T.L.E. [ 14 Answers ]

1.) what factor affect the growth of trees? 2.) how do choose the species of the trees to plant? 3.) how does exposure affect the growth the trees?

How much subject in icwa [ 1 Answers ]

How much subject in icwa

A touchy subject [ 14 Answers ]

Hello: In my view, the only way McCain can win is if we are attacked, or if Obama is disabled. As has been seen, this election isn't like any other. One side is deathly afraid of the other. I don't mean just afraid of his policies. They're afraid of HIM! That's because one side has made...

2 subject that need you! [ 6 Answers ]

1. My girlfriend is bi. And not to long ago she was bring up she wanted a threesome. Yea I know most guys would really like this, but I am different. I told her that she was the only woman for me and that there no other girl for me. She then said to me "Well of course your not going touch her. I...

How do I bring the subject? [ 1 Answers ]

I have this girlfriend, we've been together for almost a year, we're both 18 -she's one month older- and when we make out sometimes I feel like I want to give her more, because kissing is not enough for all this love, I really love her, and she sais she does too. Bot I don't know how does she feel...

View more questions Search