Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbmmcfarland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 05:07 PM
    If I change my laptop speed will it help my netflix download and buffer faster
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 05:47 PM

How do you intend to change your laptop speed? Are you referring to internet speeds or the laptop itself?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Feb 15, 2011, 03:30 PM
    The apparent speed of a computer is governed by sever factors that include but are not limited to the amount of total ram, the amount of available RAM, the number of running processes and the resources they use, disk fragmentation and available space processor speed and other factors. The apparent speed of video streamed from the Internet rely on the bandwidth of your Internet connection and the factors stated for general computer speed. As a rule increasing memory by adding ram and stopping unneeded processes from running are the best ways to increase the speed of a computer. The speed of your connection to the Internet is also important so increasing your bandwidth would on a well maintained computer make video stream better. When dealing with bandwidths approaching 100mbs your router or other network components may cause a bottle neck as the bandwidth approaches their maximum throughput.
    As a general rule to speed up computers:
    • Stop unneeded processes services or applications
    • Increase Ram
    • Insure that 15% or more of your hard drive space is open
    • Make sure your computer is up to date and free of viruses and other malware.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Netflix Streaming from Laptop to TV [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just got Net Flix on my computer now I am trying to stream it on my TV. I have a Samsung 1080P9 DVD player non Blu Ray with a usb connection. My laptop Dell Studio 15 has a HDMI output. Toshiba older TV for now. Can I use the Samsung Link Stick on the DVD player for a wireless...

Netflix Streaming from Laptop to TV [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I just got Net Flix on my computer now I am trying to stream it on my TV. I have a Samsung 1080P9 DVD player non Blu Ray with a usb connection. My laptop Dell Studio 15 has a HDMI output. Toshiba older TV for now. Can I use the Samsung Link Stick on the DVD player for a wireless...

SSI vs PHP - Which is faster (speed benchmark)? [ 1 Answers ]

Does SSI or PHP use less resources to include one file within another file? For example: <?php include 'file.html'; ?> or <!--#include virtual="file.html" -->

View more questions Search