Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LaRel Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 02:10 PM
    Foster parent won't allow 23 year old to leave house without them along
    How do I find out about this. The girl is in Texas and can't go anywhere. Can you explain?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 02:40 PM

Please explain the situation where a 23 year old has a foster parent. Kids leave foster care, usually after 18 they are out of the system
    spidimuffin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 03:08 PM
    Crazy parents...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 03:43 PM

Is the girl disabled mentally or physically?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 04:19 PM

A normal adult over the age of 18 is not in foster care and would not have "foster parents" unless they just allowed her to stay in their home afterwards to try and help her.

Now if the person has a mental or physcial disability they may be under the care of a foster parent

But to state it easy, if she lives in someone else's home, including her own parents, if it their house and their rules, if she wants to live under her own rules, she needs to have her own place to live

Feb 5, 2011, 05:30 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Thank you Chuck. I had thought of a person was considered an adult at 18.Your credintials were very impressive and your intellect and love of God amazing. I appreciate your answer. It gave me food for thought. She is allowed to go to Church

Feb 5, 2011, 05:35 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Thank you for your comment. No she is not either mentally or physically impaired. I don't understand the situation but a male relative is so in love with her, but they can only be at her house or at Church with a person of her home along with them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 05:40 PM

Where is this at, and what culture.

It is common in some culture and practice for single women to only date with proper supervision. This was a practice at one time in Viet Nam if I remember correctly. But I would guess ( and it is a guess) that this would also be the rule in some other cultures such as the Middle East and perhaps parts of India.
    In many areas you would not date someone without having a elder male member of your family talk to a elder male member of her family, and even arranged marriages still happen all over the world.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 5, 2011, 05:53 PM

First, if you want to post follow-up info or questions, please use the Answer options at the bottom of the page, not Comments.

This sounds almost cultish, Sounds like the parents exercise abnormal influence on her, but it could be voluntary. It could be being grateful. It could be the parents are control freaks. Really impossible to tell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a 17 year old in a foster home leave without getting into trouble? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister had guardianship of my 17 yr old. I found out yesterday that she signed over guardianship back over to the state and she is now living in a foster home with her 3 yr old daughter. I was told by friends that she don't have to stay there if she didn't want to, and that I could go get her...

Can a 17 year old leave foster care in the state of Kentucky? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm am a 17 year old girl , Ive been in a foster home for the past 6 months and I really want to go home, I miss my family and I'm missing out on my nephews and nieces grow up and I really miss my boy friend, I went to court and my dad told the judge he didn't want me any more, is there any thing...

Can a step parent kick a 13 year old out of the house? [ 9 Answers ]

Is it leagal to kick a 13 year old child out of the house?

Becoming a foster parent [ 2 Answers ]

I'm about to be a foster parent, and I really thank that I will be a good foster mom, and just hope I'm not making a big mistake

How can I get a 18 year old to leave my house? [ 9 Answers ]

I live in Richmond, Virginia. A commonwealth state and I desperatly need to know how to get a disrepectful, rebelious,lazy 18 year old step daughter to leave my house. To make what could be a very long story short she does not help cook, clean, do luandry or participate in anything concerning work...

View more questions Search