Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larkemett Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Feb 5, 2011, 01:09 PM
    Hole in lower back over coccyx
    I recently discovered I was not alone in having a small hole in my extreme lower back, just where my coccyx is, at the top of the cleft of my buttocks but I have not been able to find any information of what or why this is? It is extremely sensitive and I suffer a lot of lower back pain, I cannot tolerate pressure applied to my coccyx and sitting for a long time causes me a lot of pain. I was told I might have some trapped nerves between my last few vertebrae.

I was treated for mild scoliosis as a child, I'm not sure if that could be related.

Can anyone please tell me why that hole is there, is it normal, should I see a doctor etc? I just need some information and advice.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 01:42 PM

You need to see a doctor for this. Just from your description it sounds like a mild form of spina bifida.
    sayhara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2011, 09:51 PM
    It sounds like a pilonidal cyst.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rash on the back of my neck and lower back. [ 14 Answers ]

I've been getting this rash that is almost hive like feeling (when I touch it, it feels like welts like you get with hives) it itches but I can't see it. The rash is on my lower back, and the hairline of my neck. In the morning it is the worst and then it seems to get better throughout the...

What can cause my lower hip area, lower back, and lower right side to hurt [ 1 Answers ]

The pain is in my right hip area. It also goes to my right side of my back and right side of my stomach.

Fourteen year old with allover back pain and coccyx pain from skiing fall [ 3 Answers ]

In February this year I went skiing for 2 weeks in waterville valley, New Hampshire, USA - a few days into the second week an inexperienced skiier like myself lost control and cut me up causing me to fall and I landed fiercely on a bit of ice which -just like when you fall on your bum or knock it-...

Pain at lower abdoen left and right and at lower back [ 2 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and I am feel pain at lower abdomen left and right and at lower back. Although it is not a huge pain but a little bit on and of some times. Please guide me. Thanks,

View more questions Search