Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kholloway Posts: 67, Reputation: 8

Jan 16, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Is it normal...
    Is it normal to have nightmares about losing your child, or not being able to protect them, even while they are in the womb? Lately I have dreams that I'm having a misscarriage (I had one 3 years ago at 11 weeks) and it's in odd locations.. like my old high school (haven't been there for 5 years) and other odd places that I haven't been, or even thought of for years.
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Jan 16, 2007, 01:33 PM
    I had the strangest dreams when I was pregnant with both my children. Even ones about me losing them or dropping them. I think its just our subconcious, and knowing how much you love that child even before he/she is born its coming out in your dreams. I had a dream that I gave birth in the lake and an alligator came and ate her! How horrible is that?! Some of the dreams are really bizarre, my doctor told me that its normal. Certainly doesn't feel that way though hey?

Jan 16, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Makes me feel like a bad mother having these kinds of thoughts. My dreams just seem way too detailed, and I have even woken up in tears. My husband looks at me like I'm nuts until I tell him what I was dreaming about, then he understands.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2007, 02:05 PM
    It is completely normal. Terrifying at times, but normal. I think that these dreams are basically your inner fears of being able to protect your child, the normal nervousness that comes with being a parent. I use to dream of being in a crowded store, and walking out with lots of bags, and looking down to find that my preggy belly was gone. I would think " oh no! I have already forgotten my baby, and its not even born yet!" and would dash back into the store frantically looking for him. One of my main concerns in my pregnancy was if I would recognize the signs of labor in time, and be able to get to the hospital in time to have my baby there. Haha, I always kind of figured that is what the dream reflected. Giving birth to my son and not even realizing it haha. OBVIOUSLY not going to happen, but when it comes to pregnancy fears, they are all over the place. Don't worry, they are normal, and if anything will only make you a more conscious parent of your child and their well being.
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Jan 16, 2007, 02:05 PM
    It doesn't mean you're a bad mother. Don't allow yourself to think that way. Look at it like this, you can not control your dreams. Unless you have figured out a way to do that, they in no way mean that these are the thoughts that you are really feeling or have thought of. It really is not that uncommon in pregnancy. They start to go away the further along you get in your pregnancy.

Jan 16, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Thank you so much for your help! It makes me feel a lot better, and not so crazy :)
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Hah, you really aren't. I don't think there is a pregnant woman, now or ever, that hasn't ever had a bad dream concerning their unborn baby, and even the kids she already may have. Something about those raging hormones hah.
    Kristy Wilson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 02:48 PM
    I'm 10weeks and I been having dreams of a miscarriage and I not sure what this means?
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Kristi it sounds like you have deep fears of losing your child. Many women have these kinds of dreams (as well as hundreds of other strange or terrifying dreams.) Typically, its just the fears that tend to pop up in parents, esp expectant moms. Talking to your ob/gyn about your fears and concerns can help eleviate such fears, or at least lessen them. So long as you are taking your prenatals and having your prenatal visit, avoiding bad habits(such as smoking and drinking) then you are doing all you can do to protect your baby. You just need to sit back and relax, and enjoy your pregnancy.(thats the hard part ;0) and anytime you have concerns, never hesitate to talk to your doc.congrats on the pregnancy and good luck
    newmommy26 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2007, 12:38 AM
    I agree. I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant and I have had crazy dreams! I dreamed (a few times) that I was miscarrying, my baby was an alien with her fathers head, and that she could talk in complete sentences as soon as she was born!
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Feb 26, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Yes it is normal and many pregnant women have weird dreams. One dream I had while I was pregnantwas, I threw my new baby onto the fire, because my parents were annoyed I was pregnant, it was a terrible dream and I woke up heartbroken, until I realised it was a dream. I also dreamt, that with a further pregnancy, I gave birth to a fully clothed toddler. LOL. Both babies were fine and healthy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this normal? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, this is going to sound weird, but I can't think of any other way to say it -- so I'm just going to throw it out there. My girlfriend sucks on my fingers a whole lot, and well... I took that as a sign that she wanted to give a BJ, or something of the like. I asked her about it, but she...

Is this normal? [ 2 Answers ]

For the past 4 days or so, after intercourse I get a brownish discharge and the feeling of cramping during my period. Weird thing is I've already had my period. I shouldn't have cramping. Is it menstration left over? Am I pregnant? Or is this something I should seriously be worrying about?? I'm a...

Can Some One Tell Me If This Is Normal [ 11 Answers ]

Is It Normal For Girls To Have Sharp Pains At The Sides Of The Stomic

Is this normal? [ 10 Answers ]

I have been with my girlfriend for over a year. We have had great sex the past year now it seems I have to beg for it.my girlfriend has had a very active sexual past so it makes me scratch my head when I have to beg I am 20 and she is 26 I can't help but want to have sex I am a young man. I have...

Is this normal? [ 2 Answers ]

When I was 13, me and my best friend ( a guy ) had some sexual experiences. I gave him head a few times and he reciprocated, and we also used to masturbate eachother's penises. I am straight. I wanted to know if other people have done this in the past.. or should I be worried about what...

View more questions Search