Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spellweaver Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 05:49 AM
    Trying to find an old movie from the 60's, it about Johann Strauss.
    In this film Johann competes against his father for his music, I can't remember all of it, but at the end Staruss Jr says he will only play his music and not his fathers' and all of Vienna then knew it was he who wrote the music, and not his father. He plays all of his walzs and plokas, I do know the movie is NOT called The Great Waltz, as I just bought this one and it's good but not the one I'm looking for.

Can anyone help please?
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Feb 5, 2011, 06:19 AM

If you are sure about the time frame, I think the reason you might not be able to find the movies is because it was part of the Walt Disney television movies series. Please check this link: "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color" The Waltz King: Part 1 (TV episode 1963) - IMDb

If it is not the Disney one, perhaps this television mini-series from the early '70's is the one you are thinking of: The Strauss Family (TV mini-series 1972) - IMDb

If the links aren't enabled, copy & paste. The links are from a movie database web site. You can read the synopsis & reviews to see if one or the other is what you are looking for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Searching for movie title(60's based movie) [ 2 Answers ]

The movie I'm trying to find the title that is for a 60's based theme, and is about a high school kid who meets another one that has just moved in to town. The new kid is somewhat of a rebel (rides a motorcycle, drinks, sleeps around) He teaches the hometown kid that has been living there all his...

50's- 60's movie on TV [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a movie on TV. Do not know the actress name. It had to be in the 50"s or 60"s. She played a part swimming in a big see through glass tank. The tank gave way to the pressure and the glass broke and she came gushing out of the tank.

A fishing movie, an anime and a ninja movie from the 60's to late 80's [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everybody, and thx for checking out my topic:) As most people i would like to re-live som special moments of my life with the help of these movies, my childhood memories. Some of these movies made me very happy when i was a little kid. Now in my later years and in troubled times....i would...

60's song can't find it! [ 2 Answers ]

I heard the song in the movie "Isn't She Great" with Better Midler about Jaqueline Suzanne's life. Ny ways the song has "na nanana nanana nanana" in the beginning and a man/men are singing it. It's sa 60's song. Reminds me of woodstock, the doors, and the mod look of the 60's. It's not on the...

View more questions Search