Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nancyskeeter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 10:22 PM
    Help with rebooting
    Hello there I have a toshba laptop with windows xp on it and I was wanting to know how to reboot the system or if there is a rebooting program that I could downlosd for free
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Feb 4, 2011, 11:56 PM
    I believe your asking the wrong question. Re-Booting is what happens when your in Windows already and you select to restart instead of shut down. Sometimes when you install updates from MS like critical updates it requires you to reboot the system for the updates to install themselves since they cannot while the system is active. What I believe you mean is either repair or reinstall. If your Toshiba system is OEM (OS was installed when you bought it) there probably is a hidden partition you can access to get you back to factory settings (typically hitting an F key during start-up that will be listed at the bottom of the screen). But this type of repair/reinstall will cause you to lose all your data as the whole drive will be overwritten, so you would need to back up your data before you start it up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rebooting [ 2 Answers ]

My computer was fine until a relative stayed for a few weeks and sort of wiped my computer clean... I don't even have a desktop. My mom in law came to visit and told me that I could try the ctrl-alt-delete to get online... she tried to reboot but we don't have the disks. She tried to get to the "My...

Rebooting PC [ 4 Answers ]

How can I reboot my computer? Please specify the steps that are required to reboot computer.

PC keeps rebooting on its own. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, My PC has for the past couple of days been rebooting itself. Without warning everything I am doing just disappears except the desktop picture. Icons then reappear and I have to wait ages for the task bar to load. Once complete I press Firefox and then the "restore previous session" button....

Rebooting a PC [ 2 Answers ]

How do I reboot my PC?

Rebooting etc [ 7 Answers ]

Hi please can someone help me... I have had problems with my new acer aspire 9301 laptop for the last few days... I have had a loop of windows explorer has stopped working followed by windows is resarting... I finally put it down to a trojan from spylocked 3.6 and antivermin 2.7 but before I could...

View more questions Search