Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    njythrde Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 08:26 PM
    Searching for push button fish-swims-through-hoop toy from early 80's...
    Looking for a toy I had in 1982-1985 when I was in the 6th grade, I think about 11-12 years old. It was a handheld, spherical fish tank with a square base attached that had a single yellow push button. It stood about 10” tall. The clear ball was filled with water-like fluid and inside was a yellow hoop in the center and a plastic fish free floating. When you pushed the button, the fish would wag it's tail and swim, the faster you pushed the button, the faster he would swim around the tank. The goal would be to get him to swim through the hoop in the middle of the spherical tank. I remember when you pushed the button and held it in, the fish would sink to the bottom; thus controlling his buoyancy. The fish was orange I believe and the hoop was yellow, and I believe a few plants were in there too. Outside was blue plastic. Any idea how/where I can find this toy? What the name of this toy is?
    Thanks,
    David
    bmartinhill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 07:40 AM
    I think I've seen your post on other forums. I've been looking for this thing forever as well... finally found one. It was called "Something Fishy" and made by Tomy in 1981. Very rare to come by.
    aidan18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2012, 12:30 PM
    I have listed one on eBay today 8-23-12 if interested.its listing is called something fishy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 80's early 90's toy [ 3 Answers ]

Was thinking back to when I was a nipper other day after having one of those chats between friends about old times, and I can't think for the life of me about this toy I used to have, it was a load of little men that bent at the hip and was loads of vehicles they could fit into, all the vehicles...

Would love to know the name of this late 80's / early 90s toy! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, I am trying to track down a toy that I remember having in around 1993-1995. It was a plastic yellow toy measuring about 25cm x 12cm x 5cm. It was mainly yellow plastic but had a clear window on the front of it. It was either wind up or battery powered and the idea was to move a small...

Why my goldfish kept on lying on the bottom of the aqurium? The other fish swims? [ 14 Answers ]

I bought my 2 goldfish in October 2007, but why one moves and now the other lie at the bottom? I hope is not in danger! It have a 1 black spot at the breahting place well only a tiny one and 2 on the body I know is not icks it couldn't be. I never saw a fish with icks before but the appearance...

Toy Magic Box from the late 80's early 90's [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to find a toy magic box as a gift for someone. It is from the 80's maybe way early 90's. Its black and it might have a little red on it. The main thing I can think of is that every side of the box does some kind of trick. I can't think of who it is made by but its for kids. ...

View more questions Search