Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    C._Prosser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 01:27 PM
    Animal Abuse
    What recourse is available when a dog is constantly left outside all day in sub-zero temperatures? I does not appear to have any means for shelter. Several concerned neighbours have lodged complaints, however, it appears that nothing specific has been done to assist this animal who is obviously in extreme distress as he is barking all day long. He is a german sheppard approx. 5 years old. Owners are away all day.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 4, 2011, 01:45 PM

Lodge a complaint with the SPCA and give them your name and address to give it extra punch. You can't go on the property, of course, that would lead to a problem. Keep complaining, call the police. The police in our town will follow up complaints of animal abuse, but they don't like anonymous callers.

Tick
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 4, 2011, 01:56 PM

I would contact animal control or your local police department. I'm with Tick, continue to complain until there is nothing left to complain about. Would you mind offering your specific location (town and state or province), maybe we can look into things a little deeper for you.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 4, 2011, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I would contact animal control or your local police department. I'm with Tick, continue to complain until there is nothing left to complain about. Would you mind offering your specific location (town and state or province), maybe we can look into things a little deeper for you.

Yes, if you are in Canada, we can help in some way.

But if you really want to help this lovely animal, put your money where your mouth is so to speak. Call the SPCA in your area, get together with you neighbours, get some money together as a direct donation to your local animal shelter and get something done.

Coming on here was a good start, but we can only offer suggestions to what you can do to help.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reporting animal abuse [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend's neighbours left their dog outside the entire weekend while they went away. Yesterday it was 30 degrees outside almost 40 with the humidex and this poor dog was outside all day. It was so humid I could barely breathe, so I can't even imagine how the poor dog felt. It was barking all...

Animal abuse [ 4 Answers ]

Heey I'm in middle school and I hate animal abusers I want to do something but there is bothing a middle school kid can do... :( I want to help those poor innocent animals sooo bad but I don't know what a middle school kid can do...

Animal abuse - why is it OK? [ 9 Answers ]

Why is it OK for a person to beat, mutilate, mame, and kill on innocent animal? Why are there not stiffer punishments for those who do these things. It has been widely proven that those who abuse animals will eventually do it to humans. So why not slap a harsh punishment on them now instead of...

Is this animal abuse? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a neighbor that don't feed his dog and don't give him water I always do it because I feel bad for the poor thing he is always crying from starvation and thirst he looks like the owner use him for fighting because he is all scared up and two days ago he was running loose on the street and I...

View more questions Search