Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patricia1965 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 01:17 PM
    Pregnant bearded dragons
    My bearded dragon has been pregnant for 5 weeks with no sign of laying any eggs what should I do as this is her first pregnancy.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 01:03 AM

I really wish I could help, but I know nothing about bearded dragons, and I don't think we have an expert on the site that does.

The only thing I can think to suggest is a vet.

I could Google but I really don't like recommending a site unless I know their information is accurate.

Good luck. I'm sorry we can't help.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2011, 10:43 PM
    Lizards are never pregnant.

They lay eggs the minute they are fertilized (or not fertilized). Your lizard is SICK and has eggs stuck in her.

Unfortnately, you're going to have to seek a specialty vet clinic. Its not going to be cheap. If you can't afford to fix her, then you should probably opt to put her down. She is in pain right now.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2011, 10:07 AM

Yea.. lizards are like birds. They will lay the egg as soon as its ready to come out, whether is fertilized or not. They don't ever hold eggs in them for days. It goes against why lizards (and birds) lay eggs in the first place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bearded dragon help [ 2 Answers ]

Im writing this on behalf of my aunt who has two bearded dragons. A male and a female. A couple months ago they noticed the female was chewing on the males leg, since they didn't see any damage they brushed it off, now the female has completely eaten the males front leg... I have looked online but...

White bearded dragon [ 7 Answers ]

An old kids movie or show from the 80's or 90's, has a big white bearded dragon type cloud monster

Bearded dragon sick [ 1 Answers ]

About 2 years ago I got a bearded dragon for free from someone I don't know its age but its full size and possibly old? But it doesn't eat anything except for superworms, I've tried crickets several times and he tries to eat them but doesn't seem to want to try and chase them. I don't know if he's...

1980's movie about dragons, I think it was call "A Time of Dragons" [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie about dragons that I watched when I was little. I remember four wizards, north, south, west & east with each of their dragons. Two were good and two were evil and they fought over who would rule. Pretty cool from what I remember, found it about ten years ago at movie rental...

Bearded dragon [ 8 Answers ]

I was just curious if anyone else on site has 1? I have a super red and his 1 yr old. I'll post pics when I get home, I h ope you do the same. Dragons are awsome :) :D ha ha

View more questions Search