Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Feb 4, 2011, 09:03 AM
    Corrupt NFTS volume/drive?
    Hello,

At work we have a server (Server A). Server A has two local drives (E & F) these are actually not physical drives but volumes on our SAN. Drive E is where our main in-house App runs from. All client PC's see this drive as Drive F in My Computer...

Here's the issue. We reboot our servers weekly. Upon lastnights reboot, we received an error. (look below)

Now, at was browsing event viewer and noticed that at the same time we received the error below we also received another error. This one stated it was an ntfs error. Our Corp1(drive E) was corrupted and to run chkdsk...

Here's my question, since these drives in essence aren't physically there, (volumes on the SAN) what is happening?
    Attached Images

Check out some similar questions!

External Hard Drive won't assign a volume [ 1 Answers ]

Hi There I have tried everything and searched many websites but can't find an answer to my question. I have a external Hard Drive, that I have successfully used every day, I took it home and had to format it and then put new info on it. When I brought it back to work, it would not automatically...

Flash drive no volume [ 6 Answers ]

I have 16gig usb flash drive when inserted no volume is recognised and windows can't determine what size it is so natural won't allow to be formatted when I go too the drive letter I go too properties then go to volume and click on populate under unallocated space it shows the 16 gig where it...

USB hard drive, recognized but no volume letter [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a USB External Hard Drive. But when I plug it into my laptop and Desktop computers, both running Win XP Pro, the system recognized it immediately And there is an "Safely remove Hardware" icon shown on the right bottom. But I can not find out the drive volume letter for this USB...

No Volume Label- Hard drive in USB case [ 10 Answers ]

I have taken a 120 gig hard drive from another computer and put it into an external case plugged into my laptop through USB. The Laptop, running XP, recognises the device and I can drill down to see the drive but no label has been assigned and I can't access the disk. The disk management tool...

Nfts into fat32 [ 3 Answers ]

How to convert NFTS into FAT32?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.