Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kohoutek Posts: 83, Reputation: 3

Feb 4, 2011, 07:49 AM
    Why has my Archos 605 Docking Station stopped working?
    My Archos 605 has worked brilliantly since I got it about 3 years ago, along with the TV Docking Station.

However, recently I've been having problems when I try to watch videos on the Archos through my TV and I'm not sure whether the issue is with the player, or with the docking station.

If I place the Archos on the docking station, it switches on as normal, and the TV channel automatically changes itself to the channel the Archos normally plays on as it always has done, but when I press the "TV" button, either on the remote or on the Archos, the image doesn't appear on the TV screen. The Archos screen goes black, as it should do, but the image doesn't transfer on to the TV.

Anybody have any idea what's wrong? I've tried unplugging it and restarting it, I've blown the dust off it - it's not been dropped or anything as far as I know!

I'd appreciate any suggestions. The only information I can add is that the battery life has considerably dropped on the Archos is recent weeks but I assumed that was because it's an old piece of kit and the battery is probably nearing the end of it's life.

Thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

Kirkland Signature, by whirlpool; Dryer stopped heating and timer stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kirkland Signature, by whirlpool Dryer that stopped heating and timer stopped working at the same time. What may have caused this?

Archos 605 - Problems connecting to Archoslink [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to set up the 'record from tv' function on my Archos 605. My device is registered at the website, so apparently my next step is to synchronise Archoslink and my device to install the TV Guide ability. I've installed Archoslink, but no matter which USB I plug my device into, Archoslink...

Play Station 2 not working [ 2 Answers ]

My Playstation is not working. It was knocked off the shelve and the CD holder got stuck. I took off the shell and the cover to where the disc was. Once I got the disc out I put the machine together again. AFter I put it together the CD holder was still stuck so I took it apart again and placed...

Docking Station/Monitor Issue [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I use a laptop with a docking station and when I shut down, I get a black screen and a white flashing cursor in the top left hand corner. Any assistance will be appreciated.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.