Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjennie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 05:14 AM
    What are the remedies for migrane that can be done from home itself ?
    I am suffering from migraine since last few weeks. I have no clue about the reason behind it. What I know is nothing but it comes for an hour or more and then I will back to my normal life. However, this repeats now a day. Can anyone help me with some home remedies I can rely with..
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 4, 2011, 05:55 AM

There are several natural remedies in this website, mainly aromatherapy, excerise and/or massage. Quite frankly, my mother had severe migraines. The only way she reduced the pain was by laying down in a completely dark room for several hours until it subsided to 'daytoday activity manageability'. I would suggest a doctor's visit to determine the cause. If you don't, then you could be signed in for the long haul with this.

Headache home remedies - natural alternatives for migraine and other headaches!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 4, 2011, 06:11 AM
    Also many people find that avoiding foods high in tyramines (an amino acid) helps. There are many lists of the foods online just by searching on that word.

Stress is a huge instigator of migraines. I know people who have given up careers in order to be free of migraines.

There are many gimmicks out there for treatment.. some work for some people, others don't.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 4, 2011, 06:50 AM

Have you had your blood pressure checked? High blood pressure can cause transient migraines like this.

A cold ice pack on the back of the neck can help.
    alexsophi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 06:57 AM
    Some good home remedies are :

1) The Ice Wrap
    A good remedy for migraine headaches. Many stores and pharmacies sell these inexpensive ice wraps, which are used around the head or on the neck in order to get rid of headaches quickly. It is usually very effective at soothing the body and improving blood flow, which helps to ease pain almost instantly.
    2) Use Ice Towel
    3) Deep Massages.
    4) Eat some salty food

You can also try some natural remedies such as :

1) Drink juices immediately when you feel headache. This will help you a sudden relief in pain.

2) Build up physical resistance through proper nutrition, physical exercise and positive thinking.

3) Do Yoga

4) Hot Foot Bath

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home remedies for sore throat during cold [ 6 Answers ]

I have a cold and my throat is sore. I have a spray like cloroseptic but was wondering what would be better Thanks

Home remedies for Diahhrea [ 9 Answers ]

I need some home remedies for this that'll work in under twelve hours. I can't miss school tomorrow but I'm having some bowel issues.

Home remedies for clogged drains [ 6 Answers ]

We are having problems with all of our drains being clogged. The tub, toilet, and now the kitchen sink is clogged. I have used rid-x on the toilet thinking that might help and then used drain-o last night, did the trick but now its all clogged and backing up again. Please help, we are having a very...

View more questions Search