Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 25, 2011, 04:33 AM
    A friend, one friend, is infinitely more lasting and important than a boyfriend.
    You have to work at it. It's a two way street. You get to know someone little by little, and you trust little by little, and somehow you put the fears about trust and hurts from the past behind you in order to have this one wonderful best friend. That person might have gone through some of the same things you went through, and you have a common bond. But you have to reach out. Look around you and you will see other lonely people who seem shy and sad and awkward, and say something nice to one of them about how they look that day or let's go get a juice together or hang out.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Feb 25, 2011, 07:01 AM
    Also, to add to the previous answer, I would suggest working on a relationship with yourself. The more you discover about your likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses, turn ons and turn offs, and what makes you valuable to yourself and others, you will start to understand what makes you worth "it". Confidence and happiness will draw good things your way, but you have to be willing to get yourself out there.

Ellybaby Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 05:57 PM
    Am I a cheap sell out?
    Well there's this guy I since high school and we started talking again threw aim and he say he really wants to see me and I was like yeah same here so he said we should hang out next week go to the theaters but drink a 4 loko before do I seem like a girl that settles for anything should my expectations be higher or should I just accept and go?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 05:59 PM

Ewwwww. Raise the bar for yourself, girl!

Meanwhile, work on that punctuation and spelling!

Feb 25, 2011, 06:08 PM
    Ok thanks ms. Rude I'm here for advice not for
    AddyK Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 06:09 PM
    Yea, you really should hold out for a guy who wants to treat you better

Feb 25, 2011, 06:09 PM
    Someone who is going to criticize you and put u more down

Feb 25, 2011, 06:10 PM
    Ok thanks addy that's the answer I was l

Feb 25, 2011, 06:11 PM
    Ok thanks addy that's the answer I was lOoking for But I'm guessing is more of a hang out then a date ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 06:18 PM

If it's a hang out, why drink 4 Loko first? Sounds like he has something up his sleeve besides his arm.

I wasn't putting you down. It was a helpful suggestion for you to realize how difficult it is for people to read your posts and so you'd make an attempt to write more clearly.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 06:48 PM
    You're talking to this male:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellybaby View Post
    Well there's this guy I since highschool and we started talking again threw aim and he say he really wants to see me and I was like yeah same here so he said we should hang out next week go to the theaters but drink a 4 loko before do I seem like a girl that settles for anything should my expectations be higher or should I just accept and go?
    You recently had sex with this male:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...gn-556338.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellybaby View Post
    Well I had sex on Thursday of last week I used protection but on saturday I literally threw up in my mouth it was so gross and at this moment I feel like throwing up! And I had sex just a few days after I had my period and I my next period is in the beginning if the month and I been spotting for about two days and I didnt have sex for about a yr and thursday was the first time I had sex in a yr can I be pregnant?
    Since I don't think this thread is about the same male you had sex with a week or so ago, I have to ask: What are your expectations? How highly do you think of yourself? What is your relationship with male you had sex with (and have least worried about being pregnant by)?

Please take care of yourself. I am very concerned that you are trying to make yourself feel better by playing very adult games with very adult consequences.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2011, 08:48 AM

You have opened several threads about your problems - I think they should all be combined. Some of the info is different from other info.

As far as rude - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...ut-557890.html. When you ask for advice you get advice. Please don't attempt to dictate who will answer you and in what manner.

After reading your threads I think you need to speak to a professional. You are troubled and have issues on many levels.

Perhaps talking all of this out would help you come to some resolution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

All of a Sudden. NO A/C [ 3 Answers ]

Have a Trane XE 78 with a whites rodgers 50a50 furnace inside with an outside condenser. There seems to be no power to the unit but the thermostat says "cool running". Nothing wrong at the breaker box. Is there a fuse somewhere or has the unit just blown?

Ex all of a sudden really mean [ 15 Answers ]

So first off some info on myself. I am a regular guy I stay pretty active I work out 1-2 hours almost daily so I'm in pretty good shape. I am 19 years old and the girl I'm referring to in the tittle was my first truly serious relationship beyond simple High School relationships. We went out for...

All of a sudden. [ 41 Answers ]

I dated this girl for just about 3 years, went through most of high school together and broke up in the middle of the summer, so its been about 4 months and I haven't spoken to her in about 2 and 1/2 months she actually broke up with me because she got tired of arguing with me about pointless...

Sudden Changes in her. [ 3 Answers ]

Well we been married for almost 8 years and we have a son of 4 years old, in all this years we were very good in all the parts of our family, we shared everything and like I said no problems at all, until one day we got in a very heated fight and we ended there, she went back to her mother house...

View more questions Search