Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Jan 16, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Grandfather died and problems.. ended up breaking up family
    My grandfather died a few moths back and since then I've disowned my family (uncle & aunt and brother and wife). Not because I wanted to, but because of the childish way they were acting and the hurt they've caused me. It's a lot of crap to explain, but here's a summary.. . after pap died, my uncle and sister-in-law wanted to put my money from pap in a bank or w/e. So I wouldn't spend it all, as I've never had a large sum of money. I talked to my fiancé about it and he rasied some good questions. My family has always anoyed me because they didn't realize I was an independent adult and tried to boss me around and get made when I don't take advice. My fiancé said that it's my money and I have the right to place it in my own account. If I spend it then that's my fault, but it was given to me and it's my responsibility to use it properly, that this was yet again another way for them to ''control'' me by telling me what to do. So next day I talked to my uncle and told him I wanted to put it into an account. I explained that my fiancé and I talked and that its my responsibility to care for the money. He got upset and was like ''well that's a bad choice, but its your to make''. Following that he was all grouchy about it. Skipping forward, several times we had talks and I went to fiancé for further advice and sided with him because I agreed. There was a document I had to sign, I asked for a copy merely because I'd like to know what I'm signing and why. Also for personal records and to get into the habbit. My uncle flipped out on me and started yelling at me about how my fiancé is putting thoughts into my head and that he is a rude and disrespectable person and that he may get a restraining order against him. I got offened and upset and still am months after. Heck pap just died and I'm upset, he's yelling about my fiancé and yelling at me. Since then, I've changed my phone number and didn't give my address out when I moved. They always get mad when people ask questions or if I want to be an adult. They hate when I get advice from anyone but them. It kills them to see me on my own. My sister- in-law made a rude call to me and thus sending me over edge. I've gotten a lot of emails from them saying that I'm imiture and that my fiancé is bossing me around--UNTRUE. They now are made at my father because he didn't follow a written agreement. When documantation stat's otherwise. So they're being complete arssholes and it's a lot of crap. I hate them and want to have nothing to do with them. However, for some gay reason I miss them. I'm depressed all the time and cry a lot. Am I a bad person for sticking up for myself and standing my ground even against my family? Should I be depressed? Do I have a problem??

Jan 17, 2007, 07:06 AM
    If any idea's share them.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Did he have a Will? If so, and you are named in it, ask them to produce and accounting for the estate, ask to see the will.

Make them follow his last wishes to the letter.

Jan 17, 2007, 01:17 PM
    He had a will yes. It was read without my father and I knowig and yes we were in it. They have been telling us what's going on, but not showing prove. What tick's me off is when they get mad because I say I want proof. We know there is more money involved, but they are hiding it. They also are doing a lot of things without our knowing and leads us to think they are lying.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2007, 01:44 PM
    You can go to the court house and ask to see the copy on file for probate, and since it is public information you can get a copy of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why does scout say their peace ended? [ 4 Answers ]

:mad: even though dill gets permission to stay in maycomb why does scout say their peace ended after a week

Looking for family.my brothers dad died. [ 12 Answers ]

My brothers dad died in a trucking wreck before he was born . My brothers name is christopher frances burns , I would love to have him meet his older siblings . His father was married before meeting my mother Gail Petit at the time. I know that his sisters names are lori burns of Pa and Kathy...

Mother has died and now Grandfather is wanting us out [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died recently and her and my grandfather are one the deed. Well at my mothers funeral he informed me and my husband that he wanted us out in 60 days. So after a couple days I said that I would not be able to pay rent save money and keep the bills running. I just found out today that he...

Family problems [ 8 Answers ]

I had gotten a personal loan in my name and in my name only but I had given the money to my sister and she had told me that she would make the monthly payments because she needed the money at the time and she was good on her word she never missed a payment until recently she said she was no longer...

View more questions Search