Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aclhelp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2011, 09:01 AM
    Acl surgery hamstring or patella?
    I'm 15 years old, complete tear of ACL, need reconstruction surgery, hoping to play college baseball, what's the best tendon to use hamstring or patella? Dr wants to use hamstring, but I hear the patella is the best to go for athletes. Also worried about what effect removing hamstring or patella tendon will have on my performance going forward. Also heard surgery could affect growth plates and not sure I'm done growing.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2011, 09:19 AM

Have you gone for a second opinion? I think it's dangerous for strangers on the Internet to give you medical advice. We haven't examined you nor do we know all the circumstances.

Have you done any on line research?
    aclhelp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2011, 10:29 AM
    No second opinion yet but plan on going. Wondering what people who have gone through either procedure think.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hamstring injury [ 1 Answers ]

On Friday I went down into my splits really to fast and I felt I pain when I landed and I told my cheer coach and she said I probably pulled my hamstring, its now Sunday and my hamstring doesn't feel that bad its on like Mild (Grade I) Hamstring Injury and I have daily doubled starting Monday for...

My hamstring injury won't go away, why is that? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a dancer have been for 10 years , I'm 16years old and I injured my hamstring last year while doing a competition dance I knew what it was when I pulled it since I pulled my other hamstring before. Ever since I pulled my right one last year it does not want to go away like it will start feeling...

View more questions Search