Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eedub Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2011, 08:03 AM
    Can I get sole custody if the father has been to prison in the past?
    My daughters father has only seen his child 4 times in her 3 years of life. I want to Join the Military, but will not be able to because he will not give up his rights. There is no way I'm going to give full custody to him just to join. If anything were to happen to me he would get her and that would not be good. He rarley has a job and has 3 other kids by 3 other women(found that out after the baby)who he is supposed to pay Child support for. He has been in Jail over child support and over another more serious issue. I think the prison sentence when he was in his 20's should be enough to win the custody case. What do you think?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 3, 2011, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eedub View Post
    ... I think the prison sentence when he was in his 20's should be enough to win the custody case. What do you think?
    I don't think so. It might be considered, depending on what it was for, but is only one factor to be considered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father trying to get sole custody [ 5 Answers ]

OK. The father of my kids is making accussations about my son,saying he has strange bruising and that he wants sole custody... he thinks its in the kids best interest. Can he get sole custody because of the allegations he is saying. He says he has pictures to prove it,but my son is a typical 3yr...

Father who hasn't been around for almost 2 years wants sole custody of child [ 9 Answers ]

I was wondering how a father who has been out of a child's life for almost 2 years can go to court and file a case to get sole custody of a child? My child's father hasn't been in her life for almost 2 years now and just recently filed a motion to take me back to court for sole custody of her and...

On What grounds can a father obtain sole custody? [ 2 Answers ]

I am new here, I am hoping for a little support for a stressfull situation my family and I are in. A little history... I have a 21 y/o sister who is a single mother of a 20 month old boy. She is getting child support for the child, however the father has not had any contact with the baby. My...

Sole custody to Father [ 2 Answers ]

What % of cases award sole custody to father vs. mother?

View more questions Search