Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheeroff Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 07:55 PM
    How to lose wieght for cheerleading before summer!!
    I'm 145lbs and I need to lose wieght hopefully 50lbs before cheer tryouts... I'm 4`9 and 11yrs old. I need to lose the wieght I don't even eat a lot... and I don't eat unhealthy foods rite now I'm belly dancine but not looseing a lot of wieght any workouts or ideas to start my path of loseing wieght??
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 2, 2011, 08:46 PM
    When are tryouts?
    Let's say April 1st, 2 months, not enough time to lose even 40 lbs very easily. You would have to cut meals to very tiny ones, no snacks, no sweets, but a good breakfast, and do some serious exercises, like running up and down the gym seats over and over every day for an hour or two. Aim for 4 lbs a week, about 30 lbs. Any more would be unhealthy.
    terryloaf Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 08:46 PM
    Here's a little trick that worked for me, maybe it will work for you.

First let me say I snack a lot. I may not be hungry enough for a full meal, but I feel like I need to eat a handful of potato chips, a candy bar, a few cookies...

Whenever I have that need to snack on something but I know I'm not really all that hungry, I drink a big glass of plain water, sometimes 2 glasses. It's calorie-free, fat-free and makes me feel full so I don't feel the need to snack between meals. Drinking more water also helps make skin and hair less oily.

This doesn't mean go overboard and skip breakfast, lunch or dinner and drink only water instead of eating a regular meal. But try it for those in-between-meal times when you have the munchies.

For those reading this who have commented that a parent feels they should lose some weight, ask your parent to please start serving a small plain green salad with dinner. A salad is healthy and will make you feel fuller so you don't fill up on a heavy dinner. Drink a big glass of water with each meal.

This may not be the fastest way to lose weight, but it IS a safer, healthier way to lose weight without a fad diet, pills, or drugs.

Like I said, this may not work for everyone, you DO have to stick to it (and yes I know water can be boring LOL)... but it worked me, drinking water, eating a salad with dinner, and going for a walk with the dog every day. I lost 35 pounds over a 6 month period. In my case I also had to learn to cut back on the snacks. I have a love of potato chips and soft drinks. My clothes fit better, I have more energy and more confidence.

Feb 3, 2011, 03:16 AM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    Thanks that should help : D

Feb 3, 2011, 03:17 AM
    Comment on terryloaf's post
    Great advice ; )
    cheer4life Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jun 27, 2012, 09:47 PM
    I am an All-star cheerleader in Texas!
    You should NEVER stop eating or diet for any reason!
    I literally eat soooo much, I'm 17 and I weigh 98lbs. Obviously.. Im a flyer..
    But one of the things I found works whenever I want to move down a weight class (to fly on higher level teams) is eating a light snack every 3 hours.. its a lot easier than you would think, your body naturally craves food every 2-4 hours so you just eat at that peek time in between! :)
    You keep your carbs in breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Or!

If I need to lose weight fast ( say.. a flyer on a higher level team gets hurt before a competition and I am asked to fill in.. ) I do a 2 week 10lb loss.. now, this is not that good for your body. And shouold ONLY be done under the supervision of a pediatric doctor or phasician..
    I take 1 laxative a day, and eat very lightly.. this is REALLY bad for your body so be SURE to let a parent or doctor know what your doing!
    Drink a lot of water, and Gatorade!! Eat very nourishing things! Like..
    Bananas
    Apples
    Fruit.. etc.
    Carbs!!
    cheer_savy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2013, 08:02 PM
    Well I'm 5'5 11 years old and want to lose weight but in a medium pace so my mom won't notice any advice for me
    mialovescheer1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2013, 06:16 PM
    Well my cheer tryouts are coming up and I want to lose weight any tips?? /
    Would appreciate it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm over wieght and need to lose wieght fast [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is amanda I'm 20 years old I had a daughter when I was 18 I wieghted 150 pounds be for I got pregnant and now I wirght 210 I really want and need to lose wieght as much as I can and still stay healthy I need to lose it as soon as possible, how can I do this in a healthy way please help me

I need to lose wieght [ 1 Answers ]

I am always waking up so stiff and its hard for me to get out of the bed. Everyday I tell myself that I am going to get up and walk or something but i don't make it.I tried exercising one time and i hurt my back. I am 5''0 and 200lbs how can i lose weight without doing to much to hurt my self.

Lose wieght [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 150 pounds my mom thinks I should lose 20 or more pounds :rolleyes::eek: Should I lose pounds or stay I might have diabetes what should I do?? :(:(:confused:

How to lose wieght? [ 9 Answers ]

Hey I have one more problem with my life.. and that's my wieght as you know I'm 15 going on to 16 and I weigh 180 pounds... I've always been overwieght... I have a slow metabolism... I tried No carb diets, and in 1 week I lost 7 - 10 pounds but I feel really dizzy and tired and I womit a lot.. so I...

View more questions Search