Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babywanted Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Irregular cycle
    :confused: In December 06 I missed 1 af,I got nothing for 5 weeks and then on jan 8th I got mild cramping and bleeding that lasted nearly two days,now I normally get mine for 3-4 days.But during the year my partner and I experienced a a lot of stress that played havoc with cycle--now tell me do you think my cycle came back into wack or maybe I was pg?--it is 1 day away from od,so we are going to try just in case
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Jan 16, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Have you tried taking a pregnancy test using the first morning urine? Or were you on any birth control pills/injections? You may be right about the stress but you didn't mention how long it threw your cycle out of whack for or whether things were slowly returning to normal before all this happened. Either way, I would suggest making an appointment with your ob/gyn because even if you were trying, you want to make sure things are OK before going ahead. Doctors often suggest that you get your system back to normal before trying for a baby.
    Good luck.

Jan 17, 2007, 08:28 AM
    :) stress was at start of year till about july---mostly because we had just bought a house together and everything was at once,no I haven't been on pill for a while.Now I need to know,lately I've been getting a lot of headaches in arvo I never used to.also slight lower backache and not enjoying my fav drink of ice coffee I can only have sip?? my near 2 days were bright red,I've been told that can be normal in some cases:confused:

Jan 17, 2007, 08:41 AM
    You still haven't mentioned whether you took a pg test or if you were planning to?

Jan 17, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Sorry:) I did one a few days after missing it it showed nothing,then I found out from a nurse at a women's health clinic (when I rang)that it was to early so on the 5th week I was planning on doing so but then it happened
    drew44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by babywanted
    :confused: In december 06 i missed 1 af,i got nothing for 5 weeks and then on jan 8th i got mild cramping and bleeding that lasted nearly two days,now i normally get mine for 3-4 days.But during the year my partner and i experienced a alot of stress that played havoc with cycle--now tell me do u think my cycle came back into wack or maybe i was pg?--it is 1 day away from od,so we r gonna try just in case
    Tiny bit confused at question. Irregular cycles happen for many reasons. Stress, recent meds, going off BC, etc. The body will act like you are having your period even w/o bleeding... cramping, PMS, acne, etc. The cramping could have been from your "normal cycle", the body not excepting a conception, not bleeding normal, or again many other things. I don't know if this helps. Good Luck!

Jan 17, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by drew44
    Tiny bit confused at question. Irregular cycles happen for many reasons. Stress, recent meds, going off BC, etc. The body will act like you are having your period even w/o bleeding...cramping, PMS, acne, etc. The cramping could have been from your "normal cycle", the body not excepting a conception, not bleeding normal, or again many other things. I don't know if this helps. Good Luck!!
    Not really:) but thanks

Jan 17, 2007, 09:06 AM
    Have you tried taking another urine test since? You could also request a blood test from your doctor just to clear things up once and for all. Then you could take things from there.

Jan 17, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tamed
    Have you tried taking another urine test since? You could also request a blood test from your doctor just to clear things up once and for all. Then you could take things from there.
    A friend said the same thing,she had the same thing that happened to me and she went to full term and had a little girl-so I will do a check later :)
    lilkandypie65 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 10:36 AM
    :confused: In december 06 i missed 1 af,i got nothing for 5 weeks and then on jan 8th i got mild cramping and bleeding that lasted nearly two days,now i normally get mine for 3-4 days.But during the year my partner and i experienced a alot of stress that played havoc with cycle--now tell me do u think my cycle came back into wack or maybe i was pg?--it is 1 day away from od,so we r gonna try just in case
    My friend was like that and she went on BC to help it and it worked so try that!!

Sonya

Jan 17, 2007, 10:47 AM
    a friend said the same thing,she had the same thing that happened to me and she went to full term and had a little girl-so i will do a check later :)
    Let us know how things turned out.

Jan 17, 2007, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilkandypie65
    my friend was like that and she went on BC to help it and it worked so try that!!!

Sonya
    Just out of curiousity what is bc--im not sure and it proberly seems stupid to ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 17, 2007, 08:32 PM
    The only stupid question is the question not asked ;).

BC = birth control

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular [ 1 Answers ]

First off I'm 24 and have been trying to conceive for 4 years, I've been on clomid I've had hsg done I have one blocked fallopeon tube, I've been tested for pcos which came back negative all tests are negative my husband has been tested and he's good. I also have very irregular periods with...

Really irregular [ 1 Answers ]

Im 15 years old and started my period 6 months ago but have not had another one since I know its normal to be irregular at first but is it normal to be THIS irregular? I'm not sexually active so I know I'm not pregnant please help me. What could be the reason for this I'm worried, if you have any...

Irregular cycle [ 4 Answers ]

The last time I got my period was back around aug. 17... it lasted for a about a week or so and I haven't had it since. I took a couple of home pregnancy tests and they all came back negative. I just went and took a blood test and still negative. However I still have some pregnancy symptoms. Sore...

Irregular cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know I am the mother of 2 young children I got my period but its irregular could I be pregnant.could using drugs affect my period

Very irregular cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't had my period in about 4 or 5 months. It's been so long I've lost track. I'm 22 years old, and I'm definitely not pregnant. (I had to get an X-Ray recently and the nurse did a pregnancy blood test beforehand) In the past, I've skipped one to two months here and there, but usually when...

View more questions Search