Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vic98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 10:58 AM
    Taillights not working, bulbs good,brake and turn signals are working
    Hello I need some help.my 98 chevy pick up has no taillights ,my brake and turn signals work.I have checked my fuses all seem OK .What to look for now?
    Bill_D Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 11:34 AM
    Have you physically inspected the bulb, I do believe on that year it is a 3 filament bulb. Or make sure no corrosion is found at the contact poinst for the bulb.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 2, 2011, 12:38 PM

With the lamps switched on, check for power on the Orange wire (comes from the fuse) and on the Brown wire (comes out of the switch) at the Headlamp Switch. If you have power there, verify power at the lamps sockets.
    If that tests OK, your next step will be to check the Ground circuit.
    WoodWhisperer Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2011, 05:14 PM
    Check for a loose wire on the back of the light switch

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2006 ultra shuy off going down road will not crank turn signals also quit working [ 0 Answers ]

2006 ultra shut off going down road, will not crank, turn signals quit at the same time, everything else seem to work

Tail lights on car not working but fuse is good and bulbs are good [ 4 Answers ]

The tail lights on car not working but fuse is good and bulbs are good

My turn signals aren't working.bulbs or fuse? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2000 saturn sl2 sedan and the turn signals have been acting up for a while... they come on for a while and then stop blinking, both on the dash and on the lights themselves... now they have stopped altogether. Would this be bad bulbs or a bad fuse? All the signals stopped left, right,...

View more questions Search