Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chewybucket Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Auto rims
    My car was stolen and I have it returned now. Tire is missing and the rim is probably damaged. Will I have to get a new rim?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Depends on the damge, sorry this is something only an expert at a tire shop can tell you from the amount of damage. Some rims can be reshaped slightly and in the end even if it is close the only way to know for sure is to try and put a tire on it and see if it holds.

But if the damage is seroius enough yes you will have to
    Vandy-1 Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Jan 16, 2007, 09:57 PM
    Take the rim to a tire shop they will put it on their balance machine and determine if it's
    Bent. If it's even slightly bent it will cause alignment issues and uneven tire wear to occur. Junk it and pick up a good one from a parts/salvage yard for cheap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discontinued,rims [ 2 Answers ]

I,have,had,a,car,wreck,and,one,of,my,rims,I,think,has,been,discontinued.I,was,wondering,if,there,is,a,website,that,offers,discontinued,rims?

Auto Accident Help [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I was involved in an auto accident and I live in California. This is my first accident and I'm not sure what to do and what not to do. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks and here is my story. 8/19/06 I was sitting at a red light second car in line. The light turned green the car in front...

New rims, shaking problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 98 Nissan Sentra GXE and recently purchased a set of 17" chrome wheels for it. Since I got them the steering wheel has been shaking and I've had lots of vibration problems after about 40 mph. The thing that confuses me is that I will make a turn and the vibrations will stop, then I will...

Auto Installing [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way to stop Windows XP from automatically installing hardware?

Lightest rims for 85 Chevy G20 Van? [ 0 Answers ]

Dear All, I have an 85 Chevy G20 Van. 15" rims. I would like to know what are the lightest rims I could get for this. Alloy? Aluminum? Other? I'm looking to improve gas mileage and have good looking rims. What are the drawbacks of the different types of metals? Could you direct me to...

View more questions Search