Happy Birthday Sunny my girl!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2011, 07:01 AM

Happy Birthday Sunny! :)
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2011, 07:35 AM
    Thank you bella and unky. I have a slight hang over. I was having a great night until I called home to check on my son. He was playing on the sitters computer doing Farmville. Somehow he spent $100 on FV cash. Never asked and the site never once asked for a password to access my paypal account. What the heck and I going to do now! I am trying to dispute it but I have a feeling it's a lose lose situation for me. Oh he is in big trouble.
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2011, 07:36 AM

Owww... those FB apps are not good I tell you. You become addicted and it's not a healthy one >.<
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2011, 07:48 AM
    Well unky he is only 7. I just checked and it links right to my paypal and never once asked for my password. He plays on the computer all the time and is good. I don't know why he didn't ask. Truly I don't think he realized what he was doing. He never would have done that without asking. I know for a fact he wouldn't. Sometimes I let him buy small credits on this other game he plays. But most often not. I am trying to dispute it but jeez that's a lot of money right now for me to be out. I want to ground him but it was such an innocent mistake on is part I don't know what to do.

Hey mothers any suggestions? I am thinking just a month with no computer. I don't know.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 20, 2011, 08:55 AM

Happy birthday Sunny, glad you liked my gift. :)

Rain, sleet, up to three inches of snow and blustery winds coming your way hon.
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2011, 10:00 AM

Well, this having been an accident, I'd rather not allow him to buy Facebook coins with money... =/
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2011, 01:06 PM

Happy Birthday, Sunny. :)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2011, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    Well unky he is only 7. I just checked and it links right to my paypal and never once asked for my password. He plays on the computer all the time and is good. I dont know why he didnt ask. Truly I dont think he realized what he was doing. He never would have done that without asking. I know for a fact he wouldnt. Sometimes I let him buy small credits on this other game he plays. But most often not. I am trying to dispute it but jeez thats alot of money right now for me to be out. I want to ground him but it was such an innocent mistake on is part I dont know what to do.

Hey mothers any suggestions? I am thinking just a month with no computer. I dont know.
    Not a mom... but he has to be grounded... at 7 he should have an idea the differences between real and fake money. Particularly if he has been getting an allowance.

I'd figure out how to prevent it from ever happening again... or farmville goes bye-bye once and for all. No I don't play that so don't know how to unlink it.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2011, 05:39 PM

Happy Birthday Sunny :)
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2011, 05:41 PM
    Thank you bella and unky. I have a slight hang over. I was having a great night until I called home to check on my son. He was playing on the sitters computer doing Farmville. Somehow he spent $100 on FV cash. Never asked and the site never once asked for a password to access my paypal account. What the heck and I going to do now! I am trying to dispute it but I have a feeling its a lose lose situation for me. Oh he is in big trouble.
    I think I heard about something like that on the news

Not sure how it turned out though :( but was fairly recent
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Happy birthday Sunny, glad you liked my gift. :)

Rain, sleet, up to three inches of snow and blustery winds coming your way hon.
    Curse you Stringer. I have beautiful sunshine today. It had better stay this way.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    Happy Birthday, Sunny. :)
    Thank you JLo.
    I hope your doing well and things have slowed down a bit.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 05:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Not a mom....but he has to be grounded....at 7 he should have an idea the differences between real and fake money. Particularly if he has been getting an allowance.

I'd figure out how to prevent it from ever happening again....or farmville goes bye-bye once and for all. No I don't play that so don't know how to unlink it.
    He is grounded from the computer. The problem is I went in and checked it out and not once did it stop to ask for my password. Just like I mentioned. He clicked on the item he wanted and just assumed it was then his, and it was. It was that simple. There was one other click to confirm it and nothing else. Didn't direct him to my paypal or anything. He is a good kid so it's a hard call on his punishment. I know for fact he didn't realize real money was involved. I don't keep my eyes off him on the computer. I guess the sitter just lets him do whatever. That will also stop.
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2011, 06:37 AM
    He is grounded from the computer. The problem is I went in and checked it out and not once did it stop to ask for my password. Just like I mentioned. He clicked on the item he wanted and just assumed it was then his, and it was. It was that simple. There was one other click to confirm it and nothing else. Didnt direct him to my paypal or anything. He is a good kid so its a hard call on his punishment. I know for fact he didnt realize real money was involved. I dont keep my eyes off him on the computer. I guess the sitter just lets him do whatever. That will also stop.
    Depending on what version operating system is on the computer... you can and should password protect it. That prevents a babysitter from letting him get on it anyway. And you can control when he does better.

I'm not doubting he's a good kid... but even good kids do stuff they shouldn't from time to time. They just do it a lot less often than bad ones.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 06:41 AM
    My computer is password protected I am the only one who has it. He was on her computer. I will get it figured out. I am checking in to it again right now. I would rather call and talk to someone then do the email thing. I did the dispute thing but now there is a 10 day. I hate that. So I will find a way to call.
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2011, 06:45 AM

There has to be a way to unlink that with farmville... but I've never messed with that to know what it is.

Meaning I know what farmville is... but I've never played it to know the inner workings.

And changing your paypal account might be more aggrivation than its worth... but it would achieve the same results... because they would have the old account info... not the new one.
    Business Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 07:01 AM
    Curse you Stringer. I have beautiful sunshine today. It had better stay this way.
    Oppps... sorry hon I can't control nature... yet. :)

Most of the storm went north of us to Wisconsin.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 08:19 AM
    OH that's OK Stringer I was picking. I don't mind the weather good or bad. I have a thing for nature no matter what it is.

I was quite excited to get a bag of deer corn, a salt lick and some other apple lick to put out for my birthday. Not normal gifts but that's what I wanted. Sitting in my house in the kitchen or living room I have the most beautiful view of this field surrounded by trees. We see deer in there often. I am going to try and lure them a bit closer. Nothing better then that nature right there.
    Business Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 09:05 AM

By guys, traveling again (business) back this Wed or Thur.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Animated alice in wonderland [ 6 Answers ]

I want to find an animated version of alice in wonderland. I used two have a vhs tape of it and I'm not sure what happened to it. I think it's from the 90s but it might be 80s I'm not sure. I'm also not sure what company it's by. I think the theme song went something like "alice if only we knew...

Alice and wonderland [ 1 Answers ]

I just went and saw the new alice and wonderland directed by tim burton with johnney depp in it. Does anyone happen to know the name of the dance the mad hatter did at the end??

Weird alice in wonderland movie. [ 2 Answers ]

Years ago I was watching the news and there was a small documentary about movies which were nominated/seen at a foreign festival. All the movies were interpretations of alice in wonderland by lewis carroll. One movie really freaked me out. It was a black & white adaptation of AIW, where alice walks...

Alice in wonderland [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of alice's cat in alic in wonderland?

View more questions Search