Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2007, 05:27 AM
    Having an image open in a new page but...
    I want a 'naked' browser window, without toolbars or the template that our site uses. I've seen this before when selecting an image which is a map because that what I want it for. Can this be done? Is there a technical web design term for this?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2007, 05:30 AM
    I can't picture what you want to do. Can you show an example from another site that you've seen before? Not sure I can help as it seems in many areas you know more than I, but I'm curious to see what you're talking about.
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Hmmm... I may have found the answer. Basically our site has these various templates that we use to build pages. I want to have a link to an image that opens in a window that does not have our headers and nav bar. I asked around the office and it's possible by building the page without referring to the style sheets which are the templates. I've sent the question to our hosting/programming partners. I was asking here to gauge how much effort would be required.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2007, 06:24 AM
    Very little, I think you're looking for a "popup" and can easily be done with javascript. The only problem is that many browsers now block popups due to the extensive use for advertising.
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Need, go here and click on the Catholic Spotlight link. Is something like that what you mean?
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2007, 06:30 AM
    If so, here's the code
    Code:
    <A HREF="#" onClick="crush=window.open('/programs/catholicspotlight.html','popup','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=no,width=432,height=393');return false;">Catholic Spotlight</a> (encore) </p>
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Yea, that's what I was looking for... originally. Now I know the code for it, thanks!

After batting ti around a bit we figured that we do want to allow the toolbars and menu bars for ease of printing for the user.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Well it has all the toolbar and menubar options in the code :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Q&A page and CRM page [ 2 Answers ]

I want to develop a confidential and secure intranet site for a group of professionals, which, among other things would include the capability for users to ask and answer questions on select topics. The site would also need to have a CRM (customer relationship management) function where members...

Re-size the Image [ 4 Answers ]

Do you have any knowledge of free software which re-sizes the images (*.tif) of 1 MB file to 10% of it's original file. Thank You!

Body image [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am hoping you may be able to advise me on my issue. Since having 4 children (3 to first husband and one with current husband)I feel totally embaressed of my body. I have severe stretch marks abd loose skin and my breasts sag. I also have excess weight of around 10 kilos which I am working on...

Internet Explorer could not open search page [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Can anybody tell me how to get rid of this dirty message "Internet Explorer could not open search page", I am really pissed of with this message, Can anyone help me please Thanks well in advance Andy

View more questions Search