Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steve_allsopp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 03:53 AM
    Hot water run in bathroom cuts out hot water in kitchen
    Hi there,

Currently in our bungalow, if we run hot water in the bath & also run hot water in the kitchen tap, after a few seconds water from the kitchen taps stops. If we turn off the bath tap, water still refuses to flow from the kitchen tap.

My wife knows a little about the history of the problem & says it's something to do with the hot water tank being virtual in the middle between bathroom & kitchen. Therefore once water is run in the bath tap, there's not enough pressure to push the water to the other tap and/or an airlock is produced stopping the water from flowing.

Another example is if we have the washing machine on in the kitchen, we can't run hot water in the bathroom.

If we do accidentally do both, we have to call out a plumber to get the water flowing again. I was wondering if there's anything I can do myself to prevent further problems/fix this problem for good.

Many thanks in advance.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 16, 2007, 04:16 PM
    If we do accidentally do both, we have to call out a plumber to get the water flowing again.

What does the plumber do to get the pressure back and why can't you do it?
    Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in shower but plenty of hot water at sink! [ 14 Answers ]

undefinedundefined Two days ago, both of the showers in my home stop having hot water. I have very hot water in the sinks in the bathrooms. The shower doesn't get but lukewarm. One showe in the spin dial to adjust the temp and turn on the shower. The other is a spin dial for temp and has a facet...

No hot water to sink in bathroom, but hot water to everywhere else [ 3 Answers ]

When we turn on the hot water in our bathroom to our bath tub, it comes on fine; but, when we turn on our hot water to our sink in our bath room no water comes out at all! Our house is an older house, but the sink and the faucet are less than a year old. Any ideas? Thanks. Chris

No hot water in kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having problems with the hot water in my kitchen. It has begun to trickle very slowly out and even stops altogether, but is fine in all other rooms. This seems to have coincided with switching the central heating on for the winter. Any help appreciated.

Little or no hot water in the kitchen [ 4 Answers ]

Hot water side of the faucet runs, doesn't have much pressure, and hardly gets warm, let alone hot. The sprayer was releasing hot water, or at least hotter than the faucet, and now is just luke warm. There is some knocking too. The kitchen has always taking a too long to get hot water, longer...

Hot water in bath, not kitchen! [ 3 Answers ]

Recently purchased house built in 1955. I noticed that the hot water in the kithchen both faucet and dishwasher is barely warm. In the two bathrooms, however, water is sufficiently hot. Setting on gas water heater is set almost to full hot. Home has only one water heater. What could be going...

View more questions Search