Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thatguy48911 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 05:45 PM
    Small vibration while in 4x4 (2004 Chevy 2500 4x4)
    I am having a small vibration when I place my truck in 4x4. I can tell it only happens while in 4x4, because I put it in and out of 4x4 several times and it only happens when I put it in 4x4. It has 130,000 miles and have had little to no trouble with truck so far. I am not especially hard on truck. Brand new tires this week. New brakes and rotors this year. Had front left bearings replaced. This is the first I have heard it, and want to make sure it is not something that is going to get worse or more expensive to fix.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2011, 06:43 PM

Check drive shafts and universal joints. With 130,000 miles on the truck, one of the u-joints may be bad. If a front u-joint fails, the result can be catastropic if the truck is catapulted into the air end-over-end.

Have you regularly changed the differential and transfer case fluids? If you drain the fluids, when at normal operating temperature, refill them to the proper level for your truck. Use Mobil 1 Synthetic 75W-90 Gear Lubricant for the differentials and Dexron-VI for the transfer case.
    baseball13keith Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2011, 07:45 PM
    If you got bigger tires on the truck they can cause unbalanced wobble.

Or if the front drive line gt bent then you'll need a new one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chevy truck 4x4 interchange [ 0 Answers ]

Can you put a 1988 700r trans in place of a 1994 trans will it affect the computer

How to remove front rotors on 1993 chevy suburban 2500 4x4 [ 3 Answers ]

I have already removed the callibers&the large nut on the spindle.I then tried tapping on The rotor w/hammer but doesn't seem to budge.do I need a wheel puller because the Rotors are pressed on or do I need a bigger hammer?

79 chevy 4x4 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1979 chevy 4x4 the is a 4 speed manual tranny... how do I get the clutch to disengage or do I have to put a new one in it

98 dodge 2500 gas 4x4 [ 1 Answers ]

I have purchased a 98 dodge 2500 4x4 gas 360 engine , it has a miss and the transmission will not shift into o/d . I have had a nech. Do a complete tune-up replaced a injector and the intake gasket . The problem is still there , any help ?

View more questions Search