Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snapcutter Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 05:42 PM
    Do I pay mass tax if I live in nh and work in nh but my company is based in mass?
    Please help! I am a plumber and live in NH. I have worked for two different companies which are based in MASS. One company I only worked in NH and they were taking out MASS tax until I asked them not to, they already took out 800.00. But they did provide me with a letter stating that I worked 0 days in MASS and 120 days in NH. The other company did have me work in MASS and took out state tax but when they sent me to NH they stopped taking MASS state tax but they have not provided me with a letter stating how may days I worked I worked in each state. Confusing ? How should I file MASS state tax form ? And do I get my 800.00 dollars back.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 1, 2011, 07:50 PM

If you work (or work and live) in two different states, you will file tax return in both the states.
    Any income earned while present in a state must be reported to that state.

In the state where you live, you must report your worldwide income during the period. Also in this state claim credit for the taxes paid to the other state. Your U.S. Tax Return: Working or Living in Two or More states

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I live in PA & work in PA, but the company is based in NJ. What taxes should I pay? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in PA & work in PA, but the company is based in NJ. I currently pay PA withholding, NJ SUI, NJ SDI and NJ FLI. Is this correct?

Rotating Mass M, a solid cylinder (mass = 1.39 kg, are = 0.100 m) pivots on a thin, fix [ 0 Answers ]

Rotating Mass M, a solid cylinder (mass = 1.39 kg, r = 0.100 m) pivots on a thin, fixed, frictionless beari? Rotating Mass M, a solid cylinder (mass = 1.39 kg, r = 0.100 m) pivots on a thin, fixed, frictionless bearing. A string wrapped around the cylinder pulls downward with a force F which...

I work in MASS but live in NYC - do I have to pay MASS tax? [ 1 Answers ]

I live NYC but work in MASS most of the time. Do I have to have Mass taxes withheld?

Age a child can live with other parent in Mass. [ 1 Answers ]

What is the legal age in Massachusetts a child can choose to live with the other parent?

View more questions Search