Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dasycarlsgirl Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 05:41 PM
    How do calm down my girlfriend ?
    All the crying g/f threads were merged

We were watching the weather last night and we heard there was a tornado heading towards our state which is Ohio and we live in a trailer and she sat down and started crying because she's scared of tornados and she's afraid she might loose me and her cousin she can't stop thinking about it I keep telling her were not going to get it but she won't listen to me. She's really scared.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2011, 05:46 PM

Tell her that Tornados often redirect or even disperse before they can cause large amounts of damage to certain areas. Just because the tornado is in the state doesn't mean that it's anywhere near you. Also, if there are severe tornado warnings for you area then there are usually places people can go and wait for the storm to pass without harm.

Feb 1, 2011, 06:12 PM
    How to make my girlfriend stop crying ?
    Me and her have been together for 2 years. We started dating back in September of 2009 and her hero Patrick Swayze died that same time and she's really upset and won't stop crying about it every time we watch one of his movies she cries and yesterday we heard Where Were You [ When the world stopped turning ] by Alan Jackson that song makes her think of him she cries every time she here's it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 1, 2011, 06:33 PM
    If she just cries when she sees or hears him, then I wouldn't try to 'make' her stop.
    Sometimes people need that sort of trigger to get emotions out, and it's not a bad thing.
    If she seeks him out in order to keep crying, a real obsession, hold her in your arms and ask her to talk about what her feelings are at that moment. Maybe there's some connection in her life. Maybe even she isn't sure what it is, so be patient and just listen.
    He touched many many people, men and women, because he wasn't a typical Hollywood glamorous type.

Feb 1, 2011, 06:39 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    She's crying because she loves me too much and she's scared for me .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 1, 2011, 09:06 PM

Dude, just put your arm around her, and tell her it will be okay, or simply hug her, and say nothing. She is a crier, that's what she does. Can't change it, or stop it!
    current pert

Feb 2, 2011, 04:20 AM
    This was a post about a girlfriend crying over the death of Patrick Swayze. How did it change to tornados without any notation of it being done?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 2, 2011, 05:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    This was a post about a girlfriend crying over the death of Patrick Swayze. How did it change to tornados without any notation of it being done?
    She was crying over tornados in the first post.

Feb 2, 2011, 06:46 AM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    She can't help it if she's got problems and she loves me a lot and she wants me to be there for her. And I love her.
    current pert

Feb 2, 2011, 06:57 AM
    There was no mention of tornados, no comment by OP under the question (as there is now sometimes and sometimes not) and the Patrick Swayze part was much longer.
    I am not imagining this.
    This site can be very buggy. It's as bad as Scrabble on Facebook.
    Expert

Feb 2, 2011, 07:02 AM

Then its simple, just relax and support her.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 2, 2011, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dasycarlsgirl View Post
    We were watching the weather last night and we heard there was a tornado heading towards our state which is Ohio and we live in a trailer and she sat down and started crying because she's scared of tornados and she's afraid she might loose me and her cousin she can't stop thinking about it I keep telling her were not gonna get it but she won't listen to me. She's really scared.
    Joy, this is the first post on this thread. ;)
    Expert

Feb 2, 2011, 07:38 AM

Maybe I can help here as this often happens when threads are merged, and edited into one. We seldom go back when there have been changes, like merging threads, and we may well miss a few things.

Feb 2, 2011, 10:56 AM
    How to stop my girlfriend from crying ?
    Last night we were watching a movie called Van Helsing its her favorite movie we've watched it 100 times and she loves it but last night she stared crying.
    acciosnivellus Posts: 52, Reputation: 51

Feb 2, 2011, 11:39 AM
    You don't make her stop crying... Maybe she just really loves the movie and gets emotionally involved? Maybe something else was bothering her during the movie? I'm not understanding what the deal is here. Is she normally emotional? Does she cry a lot for no reason? Only when she watched the movie? Maybe that's just how she expresses emotion?

How abouuuuut you, I don't know, ask her what's wrong? Offer comfort and support to what ever her answer may be. It may be no big deal, or there may be more serious underlying issues that are bothering her. And no matter how small the issue, don't tell her to just suck it up and stop crying unless you want to be swiftly kicked out the door! Small issues perceived to some can be very emotional issues to others. Be sensitive and let the girl cry when she needs to!

Feb 2, 2011, 12:04 PM
    Comment on acciosnivellus's post
    Oh yeah she cries all the time .
    acciosnivellus Posts: 52, Reputation: 51

Feb 2, 2011, 01:03 PM
    Well if she cries all the time then something is obviously on her mind a lot. It's time to talk to her and find out what's causing her to be so upset. Sometimes its hard for some to open up to others without some encouragement. However, don't make her feel put on the spot and forced to spit out an answer. It may take time for her to open up, so let her know that you're there for her and support her in the meantime. She will talk when she's ready as long as she knows you're willing to listen.

Feb 2, 2011, 01:45 PM
    My girlfriend is scared to have sex ?
    I'm 17 my girlfriend is 18 I really love her but she's afraid to have sex . I asked her if she wanted to last night but she didn't want to . She's afraid it would hurt her.

Feb 3, 2011, 06:28 AM
    My girlfriend is having a bad day ?
    She got into a fight with her cousin yesterday morning and then she came home from school crying. I want to make her feel better . She won't tell me what's wrong .
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 3, 2011, 06:38 AM

How old are the two of you? Our answers may be different according to your age.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calm me down [ 12 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any thing I can take to calm me down. I am very stressed out and feel like something bad is going to happen all the time. Something natural is preferred. I do not do well with medications. Please advise, thanks.

How to calm down my dog [ 6 Answers ]

I have a cross cocker cumbia spaniel I have bought my daughter a guinea pig for christmas and my dog won't leave it alone he jumps up and keeps on squiling at it any suggestions on what I should do

How Do I Calm My Dog Down? [ 6 Answers ]

I just got a kitten today and ever since we took her out of the cat carrier in the car my dog will not stop barking, whining, jumping and chasing at the kitten. She will not leave it alone at all! My kitten is TERRIFIED!! How do I get my dog to stop and just calm down?? :confused::confused:

How do I calm down my puppy? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I have an adorable 4 month old chihuahua x jack russell called meg. I love her but at night she never settles down. I've tried massages, exercise and yawning at her. I need some help ?

When do lads calm down [ 9 Answers ]

I understand its probably normal for guys in their 20s to have high sex drives, but when do they calm down, and I don't mean not wanting sex as I'm sure that's never, but surely they can't go on until their dead thinking of sex all the time. Are they ever just happy with love makign or does it...

View more questions Search