donnaml Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 05:10 PM
    Degree of sex offenders?
    What do the different degrees in sex offenders mean
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 1, 2011, 05:36 PM

Where do you find this?

Most states categories crimes as 1st, 2nd, third, etc. felonies, similarly several degrees of misdemeanors. So it depends on what state you are in.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2011, 05:42 PM

It's sort of like the severity of the crime committed. Like there's degrees of murder, there are also degrees of sex offense. Someone who murdered out of self defense, or accident will have a different degree of murder than someone who planned a murder or did it out of rage.
    If someone exposes themselves in public the degree of the offense is not going to be as bad as someone who raped another person.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2011, 05:54 PM

They are normally ( in the US) state crimes and each state will have their own rules and names for different crimes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex Offenders [ 9 Answers ]

I have just found out that one of the fathers of my son's classmate is a registered sex offender. This is a private school, and the school knew this information before they admitted the kids into the school. I believe that ALL the parents in the school have the right to know about the offender....

Sex Offenders [ 19 Answers ]

Hello: I don't happen to be a sex offender - but I could be. Yes, I've wizzed in public, and yes, I went further with some girls after they said no. You?? Or are you pure? excon

Sex offenders [ 4 Answers ]

What are the rules and regulations for a sex offender?

Sex offenders [ 1 Answers ]

What are the rules and regulations for a sex offender?

In regards to sex offenders [ 1 Answers ]

Is it leagal for a landlord to rent a room to a family that has a child knowing that a registered sex offender lives in the residence?

View more questions Search