Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thinkpink4936 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 11:22 PM
    puppies
    my sister and I have been wanting a little maltese or a yorkie for about 2 months, and my mom doesn't care if we get one, but we r trying to convince him into getting a dog.

does anyone know any good tips on how to convince parents into getting a dog??

also, does anyone know where to find CHEAP puppies online?? Cause I tried looking for maltese and yorkies and there really expensive. And y r they sooooo expensive??
    the cheapest I found was $500.00 That's A lot OF MONEY!!

PLEASE HELP!! Thank you sooooo much, oxxoxoxoxoxo =]
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Jan 16, 2007, 12:07 AM
    Try posting this question in the dog section of the site... seeing as this is a forum about teens and your question had nothing to do with that subject

Good luck
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 16, 2007, 12:55 AM
    Moved
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2007, 04:34 AM
    Puppies can be much easier to care for than your father may remember. I know, I have had 17 since 1991. Much of what I have learned I have put in stickies at the top of the dog forum, Here https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...man-53153.html

I have more material I will be adding there soon.

With a crate and obedience training, dogs are less of a problem and more fun to have. Try to have your father read the stickies.

You need to be very careful about buying a puppy. You can pay a large price for a terrible little dog. Don't buy one from a pet store no matter how cheap.
    Finding a good breeder and purchasing a puppy that will make a good pet is very difficult. Almost nobody is intentionally breeding dogs to be nice pets. Most of your so called reputable breeders are breeding for show or something. They may say the puppies they don't keep for their purpose make great pets, but the truth is that the parents were selected for other than health and temperament. Often they keep the puppies in the kennel too long and they miss the important early socialization puppies need to live in the house with people.

Next are the disreputable breeders. They breed any 2 registered dogs they can lay a hold of looking only at the money they can make selling them to pet stores. Pet store puppies are easy to find, but difficult to socialize into nice pets, perhaps difficult to even keep alive. You will not get what you pay for at a pet store.

One of the best sources for dogs with a predictable personality is the rescue
    Dogs. These are dogs that lost their home, but were taken into a foster home
    To be retrained as necessary and placed in the right home for them. You may
    Find a rescue near you starting at
    American Kennel Club - Breed Rescue The rescues charge a fee to help cover their expenses, but is much less than the price of a puppy plus all its medical expenses the first year. Another good source is Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten.. Both the rescues and Petfinders have purebred Yorkies and Maltese. You may have to wait just a little for the right one.
    ashley132 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Jan 18, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkpink4936
    my sister and i have been wanting a little maltese or a yorkie for about 2 months, and my mom doesnt care if we get one, but we r trying to convince him into gettin a dog.

does anyone know any good tips on how to convince parents into getting a dog????????

also, does anyone know where to find CHEAP puppies online??? cause i tried looking for maltese and yorkies and there really expensive. and y r they sooooo expensive????
    the cheapest i found was $500.00 THATS ALOT OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!! thank you sooooo much, oxxoxoxoxoxo =]
    Show he that you can be really responsible. SHOW HIM THAT YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF A CUTE PUPPY
    Sodium Posts: 250, Reputation: 6

Jan 18, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Although most parents look for respnisible kids they could also like that the dog could be an easy one to train and not to hyper... my parents didn't want to get a hyper dog so we got a dog that was kind of calm...
    average Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 07:18 AM
    i had the same problem with my parents, my mom didnt care but my dad did
    i convicned him to let me get one by explaining i would take care of the dog, make sure you have researched the breed of the dog so you have info. to prove to your father that the breed is an easy cared for loving dog
    i hope that helped:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New mother to 5 puppies [ 1 Answers ]

Our dog gave birth to five lovely puppies yesterday, she coped excellently, but we are not sure what our next step should be, do we take her to the vet, she seems healthy and the pups are suckling well, when can she go out, should she be panting - she is drinking little but often is this normal,...

Worm in puppies [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy is a 18 week old mix Australian sheppard, and he has roundworms - first sign on Sunday. I brought him to the vets for a deworming on Monday 8am, and he also got his first vaccine, so since Sunday he will not eat a thing. He is lethargic and vomits about once every two hours (few worms),...

4 week old puppies [ 2 Answers ]

I have 4 week old Alaskan Malamute puppies and the mom doesn't always let them nurse for long. I would like to know if it is OK to let the pups start eating puppy chow? They all have teeth.

Puppies [ 1 Answers ]

My pug had two puppies they are now 8 1/2 weeks old. One just went to her new home today now the other puppy is acting kind of sad is it normal?

Beagle Puppies [ 2 Answers ]

We have Beagle puppies (4 days old) We noticed that the Mom has fleas, and now we are seeing them on the puppies. What can we do? Is it safe to treat a nursing dog and what should we do about the puppies? Any advice would be great!

View more questions Search