Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amymarie0927 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 11:22 PM
    Changing my child's name
    I need to know how I can go about changing my son's name. He's 4 months old. And I made the HUGE mistake of naming him after his "father". His "father" isn't around and never comes to see him. I don't want my son to be named after such a irresponsible loser. What are the steps I need to make?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2007, 08:03 AM
    A name change is a simple issue done though the local court.

This does not change the fathers rights to visitation or any custody rights, and this does not change his obligation to pay child support.
    lilangelofmine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amymarie0927
    I need to know how I can go about changing my son's name. He's 4 months old. And I made the HUGE mistake of naming him after his "father". His "father" isn't around and never comes to see him. I don't want my son to be named after such a irresponsible loser. What are the steps I need to make?
    I'm in the same problem. My 4 month old don't need to be caring his father name for he will never treat a lady like his father did us and bill out. I want to change hiss name too
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 26, 2007, 01:09 PM
    If you are in the UK I am pretty sure you can change the name at the regisrty office up to 12 months after baby was born. Not sure though.
    shannonmm26 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 06:41 PM
    I am having the same problem w/ the loser "sperm donor" who took me to court to change my son's last name and now he doesn't have anything to do with him.
    lovin my lil ma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 05:12 PM

I'm in the same boat, I really want 2 change my little boys surname 2 mine but I've heard he's got to agree 2 it and that isn't going to happen. He's never paid 4 my son recently started seeing my boy again after not seeing him 4 3months, he's a stranger 2 my son nw dey neva boned anyway. My little boys 13 n half months old. Can someone help me, let me no how I can change his name?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother hyphenationg child's last name with stepfather's name [ 8 Answers ]

I recently found out that the mother of my daughter (we were never married) has been hyphenating my daughter's last name to include her new husband's. Even though we were never married, my daughter was giving my last name. I see her several times a week, talk to her several times a week, I have...

Withdrawal from 401k for child's college tuition [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to confirm something for my brother. In 2006 he did an early withdrawal from his 401k of $5,000.00 to go towards his daughter's first year of college tuition. What ax liability his he facing?

Can my boyfriend be my child's father [ 1 Answers ]

I receive temporary assistance and food stamps from the state. When I went to visit my social worker she made me fill out a paper issuing for the collection of child support for the alleged father of my child. I filled it out to the best of my ability. Honestly, I may know exactly who my child's...

Changing Last Name [ 1 Answers ]

My partner and I are planning to get married within the next year. However, neither of us wish to keep our current last name. Is it possible to create a new last name at the time of marriage and if so where could I find more information? We are living in Indianapolis, IN. I am a citizen and my...

Child's speech pattern [ 1 Answers ]

Should we be worried that my 2 year old grandson talks about himself in the third person. He doesn't say I anything. He calls himself by name. When you ask him a question (sometimes) if it is not phrased correctly he will not respond. If you ask did he do something it is usually no. If you ask...

View more questions Search