Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaypreciado Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 03:00 AM
    How can I get soul custody of my unborn son, if the father wants to be around?
    I would like to find out what my chances are of getting soul custody of my unborn son if the father wants to be around. He has under the table paying jobs, which he obviously can't report. Even if I file for child support, I will probably get nothing since he has no way of showing wages. I just don't want him to have the right to visit the baby when ever he wants. I want to find out if it would be 50/50 or I will have the upper hand on when and where he can visit the baby.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 1, 2011, 04:17 AM

Only god has "soul" custody. You stand almost NO chance of getting sole custody unless you can prove the father represents a danger to the child.

The father can probably get joint legal custody, but you will probably primary physical custody. You can have the court establish a visitation schedule by which you both would have to abide.

As soon as the child is born, you should immediately file for primary physical custody and child support. Even if he's paid under the table, the court should award at least some support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can the father of my unborn child get 50% custody if I want primary custody? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 4 months pregnant and the father of the child and I are no longer together. For personal reasons I want to give the child my last name, not his. He says he can CHANGE the baby's last name once a paternity test is done. Is that correct? Also, I want primary custody and would agree to give him...

I have soul custody and on birthcertificate no father name can I change my sons name [ 3 Answers ]

I have almost 9 year old twins and I have raised them singally from birth. The bio father doesn't even have his name on the birthcertificate, I for some odd reason still not knowing exactly why but gave my twins his last name. We did go to court and I do have soul custody of my boys.. how hard and...

Rights as a Father of Unborn Son [ 6 Answers ]

So I know that I don't have any rights as a father until paternity is established. She is trying to move out of state on me. I live in Ca and she is going to Fl. Can I stop her? She doesn't have a job or her own place. She is living with her sister and her family. She is already trying to...

How to obtain soul custody for my son. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, My son is almost three years old and I want to get soul custody of him and I was wondering how I would go about that. Right now we have shared custody of him, but his mother is always rude to me and my girlfriend; she freaks out if I don’t do exactly what she wants. When she gets mad at...

View more questions Search