Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miciala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2011, 03:53 PM
    Do a divorce decree suppose to be mailed to me if was a uncontested divorce
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2011, 03:56 PM

Depends on the State. In NY if it is uncontested and you are represented by an Attorney the Attorney mails it to you; if you represent yourself you pick it up at the Clerk's Office.
    ChrissyBug Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2011, 06:01 PM
    Only if you put down your address stating you would like one sent to you when the other party has been served. At least that's how I'm doing it. Also it does depend on the state you live in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 09:43 PM

Of course, you would have your copy from when you signed off that you approved it, ( right) did you ask for a copy to be mailed to you ? You would have been notified of the proceeding, been served copies of the divorce,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uncontested Divorce. [ 3 Answers ]

Ok... I have been separated from my spouse for over 3 nows. I would like a divorce. So... I finally got the money and got myself a lawyer and I filed for an uncontested divorce.

Married 30 years and am a respondent in a divorce, suppose to be MY divorce. [ 3 Answers ]

I answered and contested within 20 days, Am seeking temporary support and the martial home to raise our children. Husband did not respond to contested answer, ( 20 days has passed). My request for emergency support was denied, but we will go before a magistrate soon. Husband walked out on us, no...

Uncontested divorce by newspaper ad [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about getting an uncontested divorce by only putting an ad in the newspaper?

Uncontested Divorce in FL with Kids [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend is trying to get her divorce done after 3 years of separation. They have a kid together, have had no contact and she has received no support in all that time. She suspects that he will just sign whatever is put in front of him, but has read that in some places there cannot be an...

Uncontested divorce [ 2 Answers ]

I am ready to file for a divorce in a marriage where we have been married 10 years, but sperated for the last 3 years. State ordered child support is already in place and visitation is already established. There are no issues with custody. There is no property to divide in the marriage. ...

View more questions Search