Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daisy411 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 08:38 PM
    Dating this guy
    Well I'm getting to know this guy and man oh man does he ever make me laugh, we have lots of fun with each other, that's why I'm seeing him. I just got off the phone with him and he said that he's at a strip club with his boys?. this isn't right is it?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Some people seem to have a problem with men going to strip clubs, other people don't.

In your case I don't think you should be getting all too fired up about it. It is a funny thing for him to be telling you about but at least you know he is honest with you and not lying about what he does.

IS this a one off? Is he there for a buck show?

To tell you the complete truth strip clubs are pretty boring and lame places. I have been once or twice simply not to be a party pooper and I couldn't have been more bored. Most men have similar attitudes.

At the moment you are only dating him and I don't really see much grounds for you to demand he doesn't go. When you are in a serious relationship / marriage etc then you probably have a right to ask him firmly not to go.

Right now though you can express to him that you aren't entirely comfortable with him going to strip clubs but he has a right to tell you to mind your own business if he wishes.

So tread carefully but also stand up for yourself and if you don't like something about someone you are seeing then you are entitled to be honest with them and tell them. It is then up to them how they react.

Other than that keep laughing and having fun with this guy and I'm sure he won't go to strip clubs much longer. He will prefer to hang with you!
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Jan 15, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Yea just make sure he know's you will not tolerate cheating of any sort. Look but don't touch in other words. Personally, if my fiancé was going to those, I'd kick him soooo hard... lol. That's me. Good luck!
    LadyMysticPegasus Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jan 15, 2007, 10:07 PM
    I'm tough on this. I really don't like it. I think it's degrading to women and find it depressing how many men think it's no big deal.
    I'm also wondering why he's telling you. I think his up to something. Maybe seeing what you'll let him get away with or he's trying to get you going. I don't' know. I don't like it though.
    Defiantly , tell him how you feel about it . If he respect you and you're opinion. He wouldn't make get pissed off about it and should apologize.
    If he gets pissed , I might kick him to the curb. If he doesn't respect and understand that that hurts you . He 's not worth it.
    Good Luck!
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2007, 11:30 PM
    Different types of men view strip clubs in different kinds of ways and all men know that the women who work there are only really interested in their money. So here's my little break down of the whole strip club scenario:
    1st, lets take the pervert:
    Pervert #1: usually old men with no life, no friends and nothing better to do with their money than to give it to beautiful young women that flaunt all over them.
    Pervert #2: sick individuals satisfying their sick and perverted sexual fantasies.
    2nd, we have the geek: a loner with low self esteem that pay for the company of women because they are to insecure to go out and meet people on their own.
    3rd, I'm going to go with the couples: the man that brings his wife or girlfriend to spice up the sex life or again to fulfill some type of fantasy.
    4th, the bachelor ranges in: there for the party, a good laugh with the buddies.
    I would say the guy your seeing falls into category 4. He's not trying to hide anything and is probably there just for the fun of it.
    Take it as it comes, if it seems like he visits there a little to often, then I'd start worrying about his intentions (he may qualify for section 2 in category 1). Just a little humor!!
    I don't particularly care for strip clubs personally and everyone is entitled to their own opinion about them. If it's bothering you, then you are definitely entitled to talk to him about it to express your feelings. If he's a good guy, he won't have a problem respecting your feelings over the matter.
    Best of luck,
    Kae
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

Mar 29, 2007, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy411
    Well im getting to know this guy and man oh man does he ever make me laugh, we have lots of fun with each other, thats why im seeing him. I just got off the phone with him and he said that hes at a strip club with his boys?...this isn't right is it?
    Why not ?

You are not dating him, you just got to know each other and he tells you that he is in a strip club...

However, should it bother you then you can talk about it.
    No harm in communicating...

Good luck !
    Tony J Posts: 90, Reputation: 4

Mar 30, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Go with him to the strip club. It might make for a fun evening if the place has any class. You cannot truly judge something until you have experienced it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating a Nice Guy [ 24 Answers ]

I met a man recently who is a terrific in many ways. He's divorced, but he only has good things to say about his ex-wife (who cheated on him). He has a child he adores. He is loving toward his extended family. He has a good job. I went out with him a few times. After our second date, he...

Bi guy falls for straight guy [ 6 Answers ]

Im a 34 yrs old and realized I'm bi sexual have not crossed over yet but very much on the move. 6 months I've been real close to a guy whom I've known for almost 20 years but do to the difference in age (hes 8yrs younger) we've just connected deeply over the past summer. The past month he's come...

Dating the older guy [ 3 Answers ]

I'm dating a guy that's 3 years older then me and I love him sooo much And he loves me! He's turning 19 in a couple months and ll still only be 15 or 16 years old... im scared oncce he starts going to bars... he'll dump me He's a great guy, and I've been datin him for 9 months now. We're...

What should I get the guy I'm dating for his birthday? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago, but I was actually glad that the relationship ended. He was very insecure and jealous, he would get mad when guys looked at me, also he would go through my personal stuff without asking me. I was scheduled to model in a fashion show on February 14th,...

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search