Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lolo422 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2011, 02:18 PM
    Joint business account levy, only one person has a judgement against them.
    Oregon
    Can a creditor levy a joint business account if only one person has a judgement against them? The person who will have the judgement against them is listed as '%25 owner' on bank acct. documents.

Can they only levy %25 of $ in account?

Can we remove this person from account?

How long would the levy last?

Check out some similar questions!

How to stop a levy on a joint bank account? [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I just recently found out that there was a levy placed on our accounts for money I owed to a creditor... If I take myself off his account, can they still take money out of his sole accounts?

Levy on joint account [ 4 Answers ]

I just found out that a 1999 debt has been placed in court and they have put a levy on my joint account with my boyfriend, all the money in the bank is his from his direct deposit pay checks, none of which is mine. How do I get them to not take his money that I owe. I live in nj is there a statue...

How to proceed after Levy placed on joint account [ 4 Answers ]

Our joint account has a levy placed on it. We were out of state and returned to discover that the account was closed. It is due to my spouse's previous judgement. It was a 10 year old credit card. He never was served with the judgement. My question is what happens now? If the money in the account...

Bank Account Levy, joint account [ 1 Answers ]

Today, a levy was placed on the joint account of myself and my wife, for a debt she had from a credit card company. Once I found out, I called her and had her call the lawyer, who then told her to dispute it, she would have to send a certified letter to the court, as well as the plaintiff, as to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.