Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Apickrell Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2011, 02:09 PM
    Trying to get pregnant after abortion
    Hello, my name is Amanda. First I would like to say I do regret my decision. I had an abortion almost a month ago. I want a baby so bad so me and my husband are trying. My question is when will an egg be released? I understand that every women is different and its almost impossible to tell me an exact time. I was just wondering if there is a general time frame.
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
    Amanda
    sdamon10 Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Jan 31, 2011, 02:16 PM
    This explain it pretty well. http://www.americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/understandingovulation.html
    There are other web pages on Google that are just as great. I used them and my medical books when I was trying to get pregnant.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2011, 02:17 PM

You ovulate every month. It's that simple. You've only been "trying" for a month, right?

You had an abortion less than a month ago. Did the Doctor give you a time frame to restrain from intercourse?

I don't quite understand the abortion a month ago and the desperation to get pregnant right away now -
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2011, 02:31 PM

You will ovulate roughly a couple of weeks before a period. After an abortion, periods generally resume several weeks later. Most likely you were told that it would be best to refrain from sex for about two weeks or after you had a follow-up visit to the doctor's office.

Keep in mind, it can be perfectly normal for it to take several months before becoming pregnant again, and some couples find it takes a year or more.

Along the lines of JudyKayTee's comment, do be sure you give yourself time to be fully ready to become pregnant again. Only you and your husband can understand the reasons for the choice you made to have an abortion and why now you feel it is a good idea so soon afterwards.
    Apickrell Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2011, 02:32 PM
    Thank you. I'll check it out.
    The abortion was the worse thing I had to do in my life. I was going through a lot.. kinda personal things that I'm not comfortable sharing online. I honestly don't remember what the doctor said. I was too out of it when they talked to me. All I know is that I got it.. I bleed for one day and haven't since. We just started over this weekend. I went to see him after he got back (over seas) and he comes home (home state) in a few weeks. I just want to know what are my chances of concieving?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2011, 02:39 PM

Your chances will be the same as most everyone else. The abortion should not effect it in anyway. I hope things work out well for you... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abortion. Pregnant again? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello everyone! THe last time I had posted here was when I was questioning if I was pregnant... well I was. I had an abortion July 2 and my doctor told me I would be estremely fertile for the next 2-3 months and be on some srt of protection. Well... not to long after that I had unprotected sex with...

Pregnant after an abortion? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently had an abortion on March 2nd of this year. I regret it so much. I also have a 2 year old daughter who I love so much. I allowed other people to gas my head up an bring me down with the past pregnancy so I terminated it an I regret it so much. After the abortion they said your supposed to...

Abortion now might be pregnant [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I recently after deciding for weeks, that I would have an abortion. I know I have been through every feeling about having had the decision of having an abortion :( . I had it done on feb 21th and bled for two and a half weeks after that. Now!! I haven't had a period since then and I don't know...

I could be pregnant and want an abortion [ 2 Answers ]

I got drunk at a party and... then we went to have sex but it didn't fully go in but I'm afraid he still had spirm on his penis and am scared that I am pregnant. If I am I would get an abortion but how would I go about this without my mum knowing because I am only 14 and how much would it cost?

Abortion could I be pregnant again [ 2 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and I had an abortion on May 5, 2006.. I started my birth control pill on Sunday May 7, 2006.. but sometimes I forget to take the pill and I end up taking like two in one day.. I have had sex like 10+ times on the day I missed my pill and on days I take the pill.. but I did not...

View more questions Search