Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SIMBRIAL Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2011, 08:46 AM
    Resident or non resident on a G1 visa
    I'm a holder of a G1 visa and prior to it I had different kind of working visa. For this reason, because of being physically present in the USA for a specified number of days in the US calendar year I was taxed in the US and cancel my permanent residency in my country.

Now as I am on a G1 visa , I pay taxes in Italy, but I still have my residency here. It seems like I'm resident in Italy fiscally and physically in the US. Is this correct?
    As far as my banking, should I also filled in the W8 BEN Form?

Check out some similar questions!

Resident or Non Resident for MA State? As F1 Visa/OPT - I Am Non Resident for Federal [ 3 Answers ]

I have spent all my days in MA, USA for the year 2008 and about 4 months in 2007. For federal, I agree that I am a non-resident alien with respect to my visa status (F1/OPT). But how about STATE TAX? Am I a resident of MA State?? I came to know that, VISA status willplay a factor for federal...

Filing Taxes on L1 Visa am I a resident or non resident alien [ 1 Answers ]

Filing taxes on an L1 visa am I a resident or non resident alien. Ihave been working since May 2008 Thanks

B1 status changed to J1 visa , filing tax as non resident vs resident [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I have been in the US for 1.5 years. I arrived on July 2006 to work as a physician alien and research scholar. I was previously in the US partially for at least 6 months each of the previous years from 2002 to 2005 on a B1 visa. When I came to the US in 2006 I had a J1 visa. I filled last...

1st year under L1 visa - Foreign Income - resident or not resident [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am in Miami and have a L1A VISA since May 2006 and getting a US-based salary since then. Am I considered non-resident alien or resident alien ? I received both foreign-based salary and US-based salary during all 2006. What do I write in line #21 description ? "Foreign income" ?...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search