Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    think_pink Posts: 124, Reputation: 5

Jan 24, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Isn't that when your stuff got stolen to begin with? Why invite trouble?

Also, if you are getting another phone, please leave it home like your sister asked you to.

I may be confused, but I don't see how you can get lost on your way home from school if you ride the school bus that drops you off at the same place every day and you take the same route home every day. I think this may be just an excuse to take the phone to school.

Lol first of all I'm not going to buy a cell phone before my sis disides which one she wants cause anywayz I'm going to give it to her back on march and second thing my stuff got stolen like 1 week ago and on eBay my mom & my sis saw a good iPod in a good price so they bough it (just to say that I was so stick to my mp3 player that I can't leave without it actually I can't leave withough music ) and second thing I wouldn't take the cell phone at school and anyway I'm not so stupid to do the same mistake once again !

*no comment about my spelling lol lol
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 24, 2007, 05:54 PM
    Nope, did not comment on your spelling. I will be quite on whether I agree with the others who did, they know my feelings though.

So what if you got the iPod on eBay, so what if you got a good price. You are still asking for it to happen again if you leave it in your locker.

Have you not learned that yet? Don't mean to be harsh, but in the U.S. the schools are not responsible for lost or stolen property. So, if you want to keep throwing your money in the trash by taking this to school, could you send me some? Cause I could use it.

You can't live without your music? Huh, that will be hard when you grow up and have to get a job. It is a sacrifice that you must make to keep your belongings yours and no one else's.

Jan 24, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Nope, did not comment on your spelling. I will be quite on whether I agree with the others who did, they know my feelings though.

So what if you got the ipod on ebay, so what if you got a good price. You are still asking for it to happen again if you leave it in your locker.

Have you not learned that yet? Don't mean to be harsh, but in the U.S. the schools are not responsible for lost or stolen property. So, if you want to keep throwing your money in the trash by taking this to school, could you send me some? Cause I could use it.

You can't live without your music? Huh, that will be hard when you grow up and have to get a job. It is a sacrifice that you must make to keep your belongings yours and no one elses.
    Let me reapite again : IM NOT Going to MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE ONCE AGAIN CAUSE IM NOT STUPID AS YOU PEOPLE THINK and that: IM NOT Going to LEAVE IT AGAIN IN MY LOCKER IM Going to CARRY IT AROUND LIKE MY FRIENDS DO!

Second thing my job in feature has to do with music (not really though after a while ) but steel I finish university wouldn't I want to make money to pay the university ? So how I'm going to get the money WORKING AS A MUSICIAN

To mention something else : the person who stole my stuff was probably a grade 7 or grade 8 student cause in my school there's no grade 9,10,11,12 lol (not funny really )
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2007, 06:33 AM
    Any time you take your own personal property into school you run the risk of it getting stolen. Just take that into account as you continue to bring all of your technology with you. And also please remember that while you might be an honest person, others around you might not be the same way.

Just be careful!
    lord inyush Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2007, 07:25 AM
    I know what you mean I hate going to school because people treat you like dirt there they don't care about your feelings all thoses years in school you are differnet people will hate you just because you have a different way of living I know I complain a lot people just aren't fair to us and iand I thank you guys just to look at my post and remmebr they are some nice people out there you just got look in the right places

I want to tell you people that I want to post a lot of things just to tell people that isn't fair at all you guys should know that people will always come after you and I know that form exp. People you know may be sayign things behind your back and don't follow crowds because one day pp just may stab you in the back just a tip for the day.

People can just be mean like the person beside me readign this note and she is beign very annoying
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 26, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lord inyush
    i want to tell u people that i want to post alot of things just to tell people that isn't fair at all u guys should know that people will always come after u and i know that form exp. people u know may be sayign things behind your back and don't follow crowds because one day pp just may stab u in the back just a tip for the day.
    Ok, if you want to post "alot of things", and want to be taken seriously in what you post then you need to lose the chat speak, spellcheck your posts, and be more careful about grammar. If we can't understand what you are saying then we will ignore it.
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Jan 29, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Oh when are we going to stop being rude, and ignorant... come on. God, not everyone is a Harverd scholar. For god's sake. Stop making a big deal out of the spelling of post's and a bigger one out of the problem. Jesus, if this is how a person ''try's'' to help someone, I feel sorry for those in need. Sure, learning to write and spell is good, but don't judge those who can't. They can be the smartest people in the world in the end and maybe you'd learn a lot from them if u'd try to understand their writing. I understood it perfectly. Let's help the people PPL... Is that not what these post's are about?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 29, 2007, 04:35 PM
    I would like to draw everyone's attention to THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
    Thank you.
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Jan 29, 2007, 04:45 PM
    I don't get why everyone is picking on those with bad grammar, lol... I just don't. Most of my writting's are corrcet, however, sometime's I do happen to miss-spell a word. B/c I am not perfect, thus I appologize for my error's if it's bugged anyone. However, for the most part I do have great writing and proud of it. I just think it's unfair to yell at those whom haven't been either schooled properly, or whom just haven't learned it and or applied it to their writtings. I'll remember that grammar is so important as to start petty argument's. Just remember not everyone has the same amount of education or understanding of it. Also, for those of that nature, it's unfair to judge them and not allow them to post things on this site. I thought this site was to help other's and possibly make friend's? I know I don't like being corrected every sentace, do you? Just thought's nothing more, so don't get all offened . In the Us that's freedom of speech and thought. I'm glad I learned something though. Thanks for that :-)
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2007, 05:12 AM
    Rayne-
    It is a matter of understanding the person so that we can help them to the best of our ability. When you can't understand what the post is saying how can you help? An occasional mistyped word is different the "text speak" which can be very difficult to read.

Feb 12, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuscany
    Any time you take your own personal property into school you run the risk of it getting stolen. Just take that into account as you continue to bring all of your technology with you. And also please remember that while you might be an honest person, others around you might not be the same way.

Just be careful!

Well I take my iPod at school but its always in my pocket never in my locker only when I have gym and steel I know where to put it where no one will ever think to look in there...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Ok, if you want to post "alot of things", and want to be taken seriously in what you post then you need to lose the chat speak, spellcheck your posts, and be more careful about grammar. If we can't understand what you are saying then we will ignore it.

Well good advice but like... enough with the spelling lol jk

Well you people are making problems over grammar like wth read the sentence its not that bad . Even me , I got problems in grammar though but like you steel make sense out of what there talking about and B/C if you don't undertint what there talking about then its okay be patient .like I chat with people that don't know good english and there grammar is much worse of those that you are commenting for as not understandable well I guess what you will do with that people , murder yourself or something . So stop talking about other peoples grammar
    If you know more grammar than what they do then GOOD FOR YA !
    We got it we know there's SPELL CHECK in the page !
    Thanks
    Move on now

Xox

think_pink! Yay
    Full of energy!
    Pink and co!! Sox
    yeahIskate Posts: 19, Reputation: -1

May 20, 2007, 08:54 AM
    First of all why can't you say a**? Second of all Fr_Chuck, Its not her fault that she got her phone stolen and that she should have to pay for it because Ithink that you should be able to take your phone to school because you might have to get a hold of your parents and its not like she had it in her pocket she had it in her locker. So I think you should just let it go because I don't think the police are going to jump on trying to find a phone and other things because they have murderers, crack addicts and everything so try to clear it and ask your parents to do something

May 20, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahIskate
    First of all why can't you say a**? Second of all Fr_Chuck, Its not her fault that she got her phone stolen and that she should have to pay for it because Ithink that you should be able to take your phone to school becuase you might have to get a hold of your parents and its not like she had it in her pocket she had it in her locker. So I think you should just let it go because I dont think the police are going to jump on trying to find a phone and other things because they have murderers, crack addicts and everything so try to clear it and ask your parents to do something

I agree with you anyway that's was soooo long time ago and I talked with the principle besides the phone number is disconnected (telus suxs ) but yea life goes on I'll just buy a new one and end of storry!

Thanks
    dcr110 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by think_pink
    :confused: today its my worst day ever . first of all i got detention (not the only one , with 6 other people ) my school usually finished at 2:30 but i got detantion till 2:50 after i got out of the detention room i went to my locker and i found everything missed up my cell phone(pink , razer 3vc ) was missing (stolen ) mp3 player was missing and my watch was missing it was obvius that someone broke my lock and stole them i went to the principle and told her she said shes gona make anouncement . i thoght that it migh be a girl cause the cell phone its pink (they could sell it but they can't cause they can't put sim card , its telus ) i toke the bus and went home . i dicided that when i found out who did it i'm gona kick his/her/ there a** off (not sure for that)

what should i do next? my sis its upset over me cause she bough the cell phone not me she paid $400 for it not me and i lost it what should i do ? should i pay her for the cell phone ? my sis told me to dont take it to school but i take the bus and i got lost i almost went really far once . what should i do ? exept kicking there a** off ? help i'm so confused:confused: that i can't even think .....

thanks for reading this
    First of all it was someone close to you like a friend because how did that person get into your locker... And why in the hell did you bring all of that stuff to school and what is a middle schooler doing with a 400 dollar phone anyway and an mp3 player are you spoiled or what GO HOME AND PAY UR SISTER!! And BOO HOO you had to stay 20 min. later for detention... in my school you go until like 3:30, so that's an hour after school!
    pimpete Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Kicking a** is not going to get you eny phone and your sis is a bit rude you should have lisind but she should let you off were just kids but you have't to look day and night to look for that phone and carma will come along!
    nenabell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 11:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by think_pink
    :confused: today its my worst day ever . first of all i got detention (not the only one , with 6 other people ) my school usually finished at 2:30 but i got detantion till 2:50 after i got out of the detention room i went to my locker and i found everything missed up my cell phone(pink , razer 3vc ) was missing (stolen ) mp3 player was missing and my watch was missing it was obvius that someone broke my lock and stole them i went to the principle and told her she said shes gona make anouncement . i thoght that it migh be a girl cause the cell phone its pink (they could sell it but they can't cause they can't put sim card , its telus ) i toke the bus and went home . i dicided that when i found out who did it i'm gona kick his/her/ there a** off (not sure for that)

what should i do next? my sis its upset over me cause she bough the cell phone not me she paid $400 for it not me and i lost it what should i do ? should i pay her for the cell phone ? my sis told me to dont take it to school but i take the bus and i got lost i almost went really far once . what should i do ? exept kicking there a** off ? help i'm so confused:confused: that i can't even think .....

thanks for reading this
    Well, from what I read, it was not your fault that it was stolen. I mean if your sister told you not to bring it to school, she might be somewhat mad at you, but she should understand that you needed it so if there's any kind off emergency they know where to contact you. It was not your fault it everything was stolen, you didn't asks for someone to do that. Talk to your sister one on one, and don't argue just listen to her and then admit you mistake of taking it in the first place and just apoligize and tell her it will never happen again. I really hope you find out who did it, and get your stuff back! :)

Love, nenabell
    Tootruetooblue Posts: 61, Reputation: 17

Jun 14, 2007, 01:30 PM
    First, you reported it to the principal and that's all you can do about that. Getting in or starting a fight isn't worthwhile and spreading accusations you can't prove will just create more problems - for you. So, drop it.

Know that your locker is not a safe place to store things and only keep things in there that other people don't want - like your books, lunch, coat and so on. These aren't likely to be stolen.

Wear your watch on your wrist at school and don't take it off until you get home.

Your cell phone was too costly for a child your age. It's a nice status symbol but if there's a need for you to have a phone, a pre-paid phone worth $25 would do the trick. It sounds like you like to have a lot of flashy, expensive things at school and it gives the impression you are either trying to fit in, or show off. Leave the expensive stuff at home and just take what you need to school.

Live and learn my friend. As for the detention - my guess is you deserved it? Whining about it just gives the impression that perhaps you didn't learn whwat you should have and may need another day.

Sep 5, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tootruetooblue
    First, you reported it to the principal and that's all you can do about that. Getting in or starting a fight isn't worthwhile and spreading accusations you can't prove will just create more problems - for you. So, drop it.

Know that your locker is not a safe place to store things and only keep things in there that other people don't want - like your books, lunch, coat and so on. These aren't likely to be stolen.

Wear your watch on your wrist at school and don't take it off until you get home.

Your cell phone was too costly for a child your age. It's a nice status symbol but if there's a need for you to have a phone, a pre-paid phone worth $25 would do the trick. It sounds like you like to have a lot of flashy, expensive things at school and it gives the impression you are either trying to fit in, or show off. Leave the expensive stuff at home and just take what you need to school.

Live and learn my friend. As for the detention - my guess is you deserved it? Whining about it just gives the impression that perhaps you didn't learn whwat you should have and may need another day.
    You can't play volleyball wearing a watch that's the reason I took it off
    Pre-paid phone? You're in canada man
    For the detention , trust me we had FUN before we got it , damn it isn't my fault if we were having fun time , and as for taking stuff to school , you aren't the one that has to take two public busses to go to school and back home are u?

p.s : the company sucked ! They kept charging me and we ended up with $600 dollars bill
    ***********edited for content, too bad I did not edit it for spelling and grammar******** FC

Wateva

p.s.s : I isn't no child lmaoo high school students aren't child's are they ?

Sep 5, 2007, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dcr110
    First of all it was someone close to you like a friend because how did that person get into ur locker....And why in the hell did you bring all of that stuff to school and what is a middle schooler doing with a 400 dollar phone anyways and an mp3 player are you spoiled or what GO HOME AND PAY UR SISTER!!! And BOO HOO you had to stay 20 min. later for detention... in my school you go untill like 3:30, so thats an hour after school!
    Hahahahaha
    400 phone but with a plan 175 I didn't buy did I? My sis choosed it
    And I got a detention BEFORE it happened duh
    And you know you can broke locks right?
    Lmaoo everyone knows that
    And I did go till 3:30 if you add up all that that happened

Sep 5, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nenabell
    well, from what i read, it was not your fault that it was stolen. i mean if your sister told you not to bring it to school, she might be somewhat mad at you, but she should understand that you needed it so if there's any kind off emergency they know where to contact you. it was not your fault it everything was stolen, you didnt asks for someone to do that. talk to your sister one on one, and dont argue just listen to her and then admit you mistake of taking it in the first place and just apoligize and tell her it will never happen again. i really hope you find out who did it, and get your stuff back! :)

love, nenabell
    I did find out who did it
    But that didn't get me anything back because he sold everythin
    The whole school knows who did it but the principal just talks you know blah blah blah
    And my sis isn't mad at me no more , she'll never be I'm one of her favorite sis so
    Its all gudd

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Accounts double-entry principle [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm a student preparing for my accounts exams My question What are the balances use to make up the Trial Balance and how do you prepare it?

Guiding principle behind the fourteen points [ 1 Answers ]

Who was the guiding principle behind the fourteen points?

Help I'm going crazy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am really depressed as my mum does not let me out of the house at all I am always kept inside. I am losing my friends at my new school in england I have just started - a dance school. I live in the Channel islands. I knew this girl at my old school and she was a good friend to me and I told...

Principle of double effect [ 4 Answers ]

The principle of double effect in the corporate world: what does the catholic church means by the notiona of principle of double effect. Please give me an an example as well.. Thanks

Help me please I'm going crazy [ 3 Answers ]

OK you well I still like my ex he broke up wit me, because he thought I lied to him but really I didn't.and I've told him the whole story and the misunderstanding that he had so we have talked and do still sometimes. But the prob is I still really love him and all my friends want me to bac out wit...

View more questions Search