Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    salzer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 07:17 PM
    She says she needs time to find herself
    Hey, my girlfriend of a year just broke up with me last week because she says she needs to find herself and see what she really wants out of life. She says she loves me but that she doesn't know if I'm the one. She says she doesn't want to string me along anymore and that if she misses me she'll come back. But also that I should't wait around. I told her not to worry, I wont(but in a nice way).

The relationship has been up and down like this for almost the whole time. One day she wants to get married next she doesn't know if she likes me.

I told her OK and good luck and hopes she finds what she's looking for. I said no contact for three months and then I defriened her on Facebook, hoping that by severing the connection between us completely it will speed up the process if she wants me back.

Anyway, is there anything else I can do to get her back besides not contacting her for the next while?

And do you think she'll come back? How do these things work? Our relationship was really great, even if we had fights occasionally.

Oh by the way I am 23 and she is 20
    acciosnivellus Posts: 52, Reputation: 51

Jan 30, 2011, 07:35 PM
    Well the relationship may have been great on your end, but perhaps not on her end, especially if she went from one day wanting to marry you to not even being sure if she liked you the next. And if she's been this wishy washy about her feelings for you throughout the whole relationship, that's a huge red flag. If after a whole year you can't determine your feelings for your partner, it's never going to happen! Your emotions are being toyed with in the meantime, which isn't fair. It will be the same story if you get back together. A year is more than enough time to decide if you like someone or not! Sounds like you need to stick to No Contact and not wait around for a whole lot of nothing, except disappointment. Focus on yourself now, don't put your life on hold. You will eventually meet a girl who absolutely adores you day in and day out- not just depending on her mood!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 08:28 PM

You stay with NC, and do your thing and find someone else that you get along with better and have all the fun you can.

You never wait for a female that dumps you to change her mind. Even if she does, why go through that same crap and get dumped again? You just do better next time with somebody else.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2011, 09:48 PM
    "she''ll be back if she misses me"?

Screw that. Nice one.

All those things she said are true.

Broke up, wants to find herself. Doesn't want to string you along. Letting you down easy as most women try.

The fact is she doesn't want to be with you. And there's only one thing you can do.

Accept & go NC. Ok, two things...

Sorry man, Don't try to get her back. It'll only cause more heartache, set you back & keep you wondering instead of living.

Join the crew. Suck it up, learn to live w/o her & rock it.

Its only a year. Be glad it wasn't more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me I'm trying to find this for along time [ 1 Answers ]

It's a female band I think 4 girl all I can remember they were singing by a some young men fixing the trains I think they are a female rock band

Help me I'm trying to find this for along time [ 4 Answers ]

It's a female band I think 4 girl all I can remember they were singing by a some young men fixing the trains

Trying to find a time travel movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember seeing this movie I think it was in the 80s, the movie starts in the 1940s where two men are on a navy ship where the ship has a time travel device on it and the I think the ship gets hit and these two men jump off it and end up in the present day. Dose anyone know what the movies...

How to find time for husband [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know how to find time for my husband, I am taking care of a two year old, working, and doing college... My two year old is always there and we never have any alone time together... this is really starting to upest me and I think its effecting our marriage. :confused:

View more questions Search