Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LLefort Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 05:19 PM
    My mother has alzhiemers and wants to revoke power of attorney. Can this be done
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 05:34 PM

Has she been put into a alzhiemers unit at this time ? Does she have full time care givers ?
    LLefort Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 03:29 AM
    She is in an assisted living facilty.
    catts723 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2011, 03:18 PM
    Consult an attorney!! Laws vary. My mother has been deemed incompatent by our physician, but was still able to dislodge Power of Attorney. It is still in effect, but is a meaningless piece of paper. How she was able to do it is a mystery, but it happened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power of Attorney [ 1 Answers ]

My 43 year old husband had a stroke a few months ago and is still in the hospital. I have been able to make medical decisions and even sign the paperwork needed for him since this occurred. I have also been able to make government applications and interviews on his behalf, due to his inability to...

My mother is in Hospice care. Can Power of Attorney sign checks? [ 3 Answers ]

My mom is receiving Hospice care in the state of Oregon. Bills are coming in. Can my brother, who she designated as Power of Attorney in her Living Trust, sign her checks.

Power of attorney for health and estate for step mother [ 7 Answers ]

My husband has a step mother who became unable to care for herself in any way. She lives in Tucson and we live in NC. I need to know what we should do now... before my husband has to go out to Arizona to settle her estate. She has a home with a lean and is now in a hospital. She's about to be moved...

Sperm donner wants power of attorney over mother [ 2 Answers ]

Hello A very dear friend Kursten had a heart attack and is on life support. She is and only child and parents are passed. She has a daughter that is 11yrs old. The father of the child for some odd reason believes he has some power over what will happen to Kursten. They were never married and...

Power of attorney [ 3 Answers ]

If I'm the power of attorney for my mother due to her illness can I file bankruptcy for her under my social security number for her.

View more questions Search