Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avqwz Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2011, 05:13 AM
    Btw:last night hours after I posted the other comment,I noticed that there was a medium sized pink spot in my underwear,and right beside it there was a smaller one.there was also a dark brown stain that ran down from the front of my underwear to the back.whats this mean?

Feb 2, 2011, 05:39 AM
    I have a question about what medications could relieve the cramps:will tylenol or asprin help?
    MrsLB Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Feb 2, 2011, 08:09 AM
    Congrats! Your first monthly visitor arrived. I got mine the first time when I was 12, and it was just a little, I didn't even tell my mom until the next month when I actually needed a pad. It's embarrassing to tell her but really, it's okay. Just make sure you bring some pads to school for the future, I got caught several times without one!

Feb 2, 2011, 03:40 PM
    How much longer will I feel like this?its been 17 DAYS now!! PS:today I have plain white discharge with just a little spot of pink in it.
    MrsLB Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Feb 2, 2011, 04:33 PM
    A usual period for me lasts around a week. 17 days is a long time to have discharge, but not unheard of. If it goes on too much longer you may want to consult a doctor, even just calling a nurse or nurse hotline in your area. As for cramps, yes it is uncomfortable. Some advil should help, a heating pad on the lower back always feels good, as I usually feel cramps in my lower back. It should stop before too long. All of the colors etc you are describing are really completely normal, so relax. The white/yellow stuff is just discharge. Periods are far from glamorous. The truth of it is really pretty gross actually. I know my period is coming each month when I get grouchy and extra hungry. You most likely will not have a normal monthly schedule to begin with. It'll just come and go as it pleases.

As for telling your mom, just do it. Take a deep breath, and just say "Mom, I think I got my period." She probably will do what my mom did and just say "Oh, okay." then she went and got me some pads out of her bathroom. No need to share all the details unless you want to.

I know it all seems so crazy and confusing, but remember, every woman goes through it. You will get through this just fine!

Feb 3, 2011, 03:19 PM
    Thank you so much,it really droped some stress off me.the thing is,its been 18 days today.I still have cramps and the discharge is white.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2011, 08:20 AM

The answers aren't going to change. You still keep asking the same thing and you still keep being given the same advice. GO TELL YOUR MOTHER.

Feb 5, 2011, 05:59 AM
    I'm sorry,I know its really anoying,me asking the same questions,I've always been the kind of person to stress over EVERYTHING.I did telll my mom last night,but before and after that,my cramps were really bad.it was so bad I didn't want to get up.
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2011, 04:18 PM

Good. I'm glad you finally told her. I get stressing over things. But asking the same question repeatedly isn't going to make any new magic answers come up. What have you tried so far to relieve the cramps?

Feb 6, 2011, 10:08 AM
    I haven't really tried anything yet,m not really sure what to use.I don't want to use anything that will make me really sleepy,because of school and basketball.would asprin help?btw:today id ont really have cramps as bad,but I have been VERY MOODY.

Feb 6, 2011, 11:43 AM
    I have another question about this situation:is it true that you can have all the symptoms of your first period months before it actually happens?
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2011, 11:54 AM

There's lots of things you can do that won't make you sleepy. Walking helps. Avoid caffeine. When you have time to relax, you can rest with a heating pad. Or you can take a warm bath. You can try aspirin. Personally I prefer midol or advil during my periods, but everyone reacts differently to pain meds. So if you've got aspirin and that's what you normally take for pain, I would start there and if it doesn't help you can try other meds.

I'm not sure about whether you experience pms months ahead of time. The white discharge you've described in previous posts I know is common ahead of time. And the moodiness wouldn't surprise me. It sounds a lot like you've already had your first period.

Feb 6, 2011, 01:01 PM
    Thank you,ill use asprin.ive felt like this for almost 3 weeks now and it still hasn't actually happened.my sister said that you can have these symptoms months before it actually happens(she lies to me all the time,so I really don't believe her.)i trust that you are right,and that this is my first period,but I thought it would be much different than this.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2011, 01:33 PM

If you continue experiencing the symptoms, especially the cramps and any other physical pains, you need to go and talk to your doctor. While cramps and what not are totally normal during and around the time of your period, there may be other causes that need to be addressed if you are experiencing them all the time.

Feb 6, 2011, 01:51 PM
    Today I don't have hardly any cramps,really none at all,I'm just moody.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2011, 01:55 PM

Unfortunately, being moody is a pretty normal part of being a preteen/teen. Do your best not to let little things get to you or take out your moodiness on those around you.

Feb 6, 2011, 05:55 PM
    Thanks for the advice,but its to late,I've already gone off on my sister.

Feb 6, 2011, 07:24 PM
    So if this was or is my period,when will I have to go through this again?
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2011, 11:11 PM

Have you actually read half of the answers I've given you? I've told you, your cycle tends to be irregular at first. It could be anywhere from a few weeks from now to a few months from now. I enjoy being able to help people, but I'm getting tired of having to repeat myself because you haven't bothered to take the time to read the answers that I've taken the time to give you.

Feb 7, 2011, 05:41 AM
    I have read ALL of them,but like I said before:im always stressing or worrying about something.im sorry to keep bothering you.thankyou for answering all my questions!if someone hadn't have told me all the information that you did,I probably woul have literally DIED OF STRESS!anyway,sorry for bugging you,and thanks for answering my questions!
    REALLY APRECIATE IT!! :)
    Ps:i think its great that you like to help people!:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a day late for my period and I had unprotected sex 2 before my period I am pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex two days before my period and came inside of me now I'm a day late for my period. Could I be pragnant?

I had a D&C March 25th, a regular period the next month. My May period was week late, [ 1 Answers ]

I had a D&C March 25th, a regular period the next month. My May period was week late, and my June period was only 3 days of light bleeding. I haven't had regualr periods since the birth of my first baby 4/6/09.. whom I breastfeed for 7 months. Anyway my question is I have been so nauseus and just...

View more questions Search