Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mizzerica Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 01:17 PM
    Unprotected and worried
    Hey , so I'm 17 and me and my boyfriend had sex like a week ago and we didn't use a condom and it was for like one minute but he said he didn't *** inside !
    And sometimes I look at my belly and I find out that it's getting bigger with the day that passing by PLEASE HELP
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzerica View Post
    a week ago ... my belly is getting bigger
    It's time you read up on sex and birth control and pregnancy (612.6 at your local public library).

Your belly does not start getting bigger until you are maybe four months' along (first baby).

Either you are having hysterics from your wild imagination, or you are getting fat.

Pssst -- Yes, you could be pregnant, but just not showing yet. Use more than one form of birth control at all times, or in nine months someone will be calling you Mommy. If you don't want to risk being a mom, don't have sex.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 01:37 PM

There is no way that your belly is growing from pregnancy only a week after having sex.

Don't they teach this in school?

If you're going to have sex at least find out how your body works, how pregnancy works, what to expect, and how pregnancy can occur. Also, no condom, even if he didn't ejaculate, doesn't mean you can't get pregnant. There's plenty of sperm in pre to get the job done.

Jan 30, 2011, 01:39 PM
    Omg , you guys are scaring meee :((
    Like I did listen to sex calsses in school but I just don't remember
    So are you guys saying that I might be pregnant ?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 01:46 PM
    omg , you guys are scaring meee :((
    like i did listen to sex calsses in school but i just don't remember
    so are you guys saying that i might be pregnant ?
    You better be scared! And learn from this!

Yes, you could be pregnant, but just not showing yet. Use more than one form of birth control at all times, or in nine months someone will be calling you Mommy. If you don't want to risk being a mom, don't have sex.

P.S. The pull-out method DOES NOT work!!
    Pets Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 01:50 PM
    omg , you guys are scaring meee :((
    like i did listen to sex calsses in school but i just don't remember
    so are you guys saying that i might be pregnant ?
    If you had sex, then yes, you could be pregnant.

It's way too early to tell, and it would be way, way, way too early for you to be getting a belly because of it.

Every time you have sex, even if you use protection, even if he doesn't ejaculate, there's a chance of pregnancy.

It's time for you to read about sex and pregnancy before you continue having sex. If you're not ready for a baby, then you're not ready for sex.

As for right now, the only thing you can do is wait. If you miss your next period then take a home pregnancy test, use first morning urine for accuracy.

If you get your next period then consider yourself lucky, lesson learned, and don't have sex until you're ready to have a child.
    Pets Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 01:53 PM

Use more than one form of birth control at all times, or in nine months someone will be calling you Mommy
    I just have to add that even if you use more than one form of birth control, there's still a chance of pregnancy.

There are women on this site that used 3 forms of birth control, all correctly, and still got pregnant.

I have a friend with PCOS, one ovary, using the birth control pill and a condom, and she got pregnant. It happens.

The only way to prevent pregnancy that's 100% effective is to abstain from sex.

Jan 30, 2011, 01:54 PM
    Ok, thank you so much for telling me this .
    I did do the pregnancy test but it says positive two times
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 01:57 PM

False positives -- much too early to test for pregnancy.

Eat correctly, just in case there's a baby on board -- and stop smoking and drinking, if you do either or both.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2011, 01:58 PM

A positive pregnancy test after one week?

That's kind of odd but not unheard of, it could be that your further along then you think you are, either way, make an appoinment with your doctor to get confirmation on your test.

Jan 30, 2011, 02:02 PM
    Yes but I'm scared that the doctor will call my parents ! And my parents will kill me
    And I don't drink&smoke !
    Pets Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 02:08 PM
    Yes but im scared that the doctor will call my parents ! and my parents will kill me
    and i don't drink&smoke !
    The doctor can't call your parents. You're his patient, he cannot disclose any of your medical information without your permission. If you are pregnant your parents will find out sooner or later anyway.

I too find it odd that you've taken two pregnancy tests and they both came out positive only a week after having sex. That doesn't make any sense to me unless you had sex earlier in the month and you're further along.

Was this the one and only time you've had sex, or did you have sex before this?

Jan 30, 2011, 02:09 PM
    I don't smoke & drink ! But it doesn't matter now
    I'm scared that my parents will find out that I'm going to a doctor and he might tell them too
    I just don't know what to do
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 02:14 PM

Go to a doctor your parents don't go to and pay out of pocket, not with insurance.

Your regular doctor has taken an oath regarding confidentiality. Even my own doctor who is also my husband's doctor will not say anything about my husband's health to me unless my husband has given his permission.

Was this your first time having sex?
    Pets Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 02:44 PM

Okay, since we're not getting an answer to the "have you had sex before this" question, I'm going to try to answer this in a way that covers both scenarios.

If you had sex a week ago, and this is the one and only time you've had sex, then it's unlikely that you'd test positive on an hpt this soon. That doesn't mean it's impossible, just not common.

If you had sex before this then it's very possible that the two tests you took are accurate and you're pregnant.

False positives do happen, but they're not that common, especially considering that you took two tests and both were positive.

In other words, with two positive tests, I'd guess that you had sex earlier this month, and you're pregnant. I would have this confirmed with a blood test at the doctors office. As we previously mentioned, the doctor cannot call your parents, doctor patient confidentiality applies. But, if you're worried about going to your regular doctor you could go to a walk in clinic, or to planned parenthood.

If these tests are accurate then you're going to be a mom, and hoping it will go away won't work. Soon you will be showing, and your parents will find out. Best to confirm it now, decide what you're going to do about it, which will have to include speaking to your parents about it.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2011, 05:38 PM

Did you follow the directions on the tests exactly? Did you read them within the first 3-5 minutes or afterwards?

You can go to a planned parenthood, health department, or pregnancy center, if you don't want to go to your own doctor. Testing at these sites are either free or for a small fee. No one will contact your parents. Or
    Try another home test and be sure to follow the directions according to that brand of test.

Odds are small that you are pregnant, IF he was indeed only inside you for a minute and IF he did not ejaculate prior to entering you, but it is possible.

Feb 1, 2011, 12:34 PM
    Ok. So basiclly we had sex so many times
    Pretty much 2 times a week
    And no it wasn't my first time !
    And I should get my period on like 12 days I hope it won't be late
    And I'm going to the doctor with him this Friday ! To walk in clinic actually !
    Because if I will go to a doctor I will have to pay , and I don't work .
    So I'm hoping that the doctor will tell me that I'm not pregnant
    And by the way all the other times we did it with a condom !
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2011, 03:27 PM

I would wait on seeing the doctor until you see whether your period is late. They could do a test earlier, but it may or may not be accurate and if your period doesn't show, you would have to do another one anyway. While some pregnancy tests may pick a pregnancy up several days before a period is due, they are more accurate if a period is already late.
    Is this a walk-in doctors' clinic or something like a pregnancy center or planned parenthood? Walk-in clinics usually require you to pay as well or provide insurance. Their main convenience is simply that you do not need an appointment and they are open more hours. Might be a good idea to check before you go in to make sure what may be required if you aren't sure.

Feb 1, 2011, 10:25 PM
    Why thank you that helped me so much!!
    I will make sure I will find one
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 2, 2011, 12:17 AM

If the pregnancy tests were positive it means you were pregnant before this last encounter without the condom.

Condoms do fail. There is no 100% effective method of birth control aside from abstinence or surgical removal of the uterus or penis.

Looks like it might be time for you to grow up REAL fast.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unprotected sex [ 4 Answers ]

I had unprotected sexual intercourse with my boyfriend the night on (18.12.2010 around 11 pm)but he went out of me when he was coming, but just in case I took NorLevo pill the following morning (around 10am). But my problem is different now, we had unprotected sex again the following night on...

Had unprotected sex and... [ 1 Answers ]

I had unpertected sex Saturday and I am having stomach cramps and I was dizzy a little this morning and its not time for my period

Only 19! Only had sex once! Worried I'm pregnant? VERY WORRIED! [ 11 Answers ]

So I know there are a few other posts like this but I'm just nervous about my situation... about 4 weeks ago I had sex, he had a condom on and I'm on the pill (trinessa), not while he was inside be and before he came he had to take it off because it was rolling down. We were still fooling around...

Unprotected sex? Or not? [ 13 Answers ]

I have been with the same guy for over a year and a half and we very rarely use a condom. I'm on the contraceptive pill and have been taking 'this' pill for over 3 years. I had a previous partner who I was with for over 5 years we also did not use condoms very often but he always pulled out but my...

View more questions Search