Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mizzerica Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 12:52 AM
    So your telling me not to have sex at all ?
    That is redicoulesss ! *or however you spell it*
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2011, 12:58 AM

Whenever you have sex, no matter how much birth control you use, there is a chance in nine months someone will be calling you Mommy.

If you don't have a stable job with good income to buy all the things a baby will need, a place to live, health insurance for the hospital and doctor, your education finished, and the support of your significant other and family, you might want to rethink having sex.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 4, 2011, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzerica View Post
    so your telling me not to have sex at all ?
    that is redicoulesss ! *or however you spell it*
    If you're not ready to have a child, then yes, that's exactly what we're telling you.

Every time you have sex, even if you use every form of birth control available, there's a chance of you getting pregnant. There are people on this site that used 3 different forms of birth control, all correctly, and still became pregnant. It happens more often then you think.

So, unless you're ready to have a child, and by ready I mean financially secure, able to support yourself and a child, employed, and mature enough, you shouldn't be having sex.

It may be too late already, after all, you've had two positive pregnancy tests, so it seems you may be learning the hard way what the consequences of sex are.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2011, 05:01 PM

Why would it be ridiculous? If you know something isn't what you should be doing right now, you simply don't do it.

I know that is a hard concept because many young people, and adults for that matter, never think it will happen to them. It always happens to someone else. But to everyone else, you ARE someone else!

It could be argued that it is ridiculous to have unprotected sex when you know pregnancy could be possible, or to have sex at such a young age if you aren't in a position to deal with the possible consequences.

Question for you: Just say you did tell your boyfriend that you decided not to have sex with him anymore until you are both in positions to be able to support a baby should you happen to accidentally get pregnant. What do you honestly think his response would be?

Try another pregnancy test. This time be absolutely sure that you follow the directions exactly. Use first morning urine, correct amount of urine, and especially read the result in the time frame stated on the test. Reading it later will not be accurate. If you still get a positive, you are pregnant and will need to make some decisions. If you get a negative, see what happens when your period is due... give it a few extra days in case it is just off a bit, then test again if it doesn't show.

If you are not pregnant, and decide to continue having sex, then be smart about your safety and future. Consider using two forms of contraception to at least decrease the odds of an unplanned pregnancy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unprotected sex [ 4 Answers ]

I had unprotected sexual intercourse with my boyfriend the night on (18.12.2010 around 11 pm)but he went out of me when he was coming, but just in case I took NorLevo pill the following morning (around 10am). But my problem is different now, we had unprotected sex again the following night on...

Had unprotected sex and... [ 1 Answers ]

I had unpertected sex Saturday and I am having stomach cramps and I was dizzy a little this morning and its not time for my period

Only 19! Only had sex once! Worried I'm pregnant? VERY WORRIED! [ 11 Answers ]

So I know there are a few other posts like this but I'm just nervous about my situation... about 4 weeks ago I had sex, he had a condom on and I'm on the pill (trinessa), not while he was inside be and before he came he had to take it off because it was rolling down. We were still fooling around...

Unprotected sex? Or not? [ 13 Answers ]

I have been with the same guy for over a year and a half and we very rarely use a condom. I'm on the contraceptive pill and have been taking 'this' pill for over 3 years. I had a previous partner who I was with for over 5 years we also did not use condoms very often but he always pulled out but my...

View more questions Search