Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bethbks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Lime clogged drain
    Hi, our shower is completely clogged with lime and hair deposits. We have hard water in a heavy lime area. We tried vinegar in baking soda but it is not working. Drano works for a short period and then clogs again. Any suggestions?
    malex27 Posts: 45, Reputation: 4

Jan 15, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Beth the best drain cleaner made was a product called /Clobber In some areas like mine, it is now outlawed. You might check with a local plumber to see if he still has access to it.

If not, the product we normally use now is by the name of Thrift. [IMG]us.st11.yimg.com/.../I/easonr_1906_19916241[/IMG] If your still having problems due to your hard water, I would have the drain snaked and cleaned by a professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clogged basement drain [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Our basement drain and air conditioner drain along with the upper level kitchen sink drain apparently meet under the basement floor before going on to the main drain. All 3 must be connected as we can put water in any of them and it comes up in the basement drain. We have been...

A/C condensate drain clogged [ 6 Answers ]

Our basement floor was flooded and water was pouring out of our 1 year old A/C unit in the basement(house is 20 years old but we just replaced the A/C unit last year). We tested the drain line and it seems to be clogged. :eek: The AC condensate drains into a closed system of a black rubber tube...

Drain Pipe Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We have had trouble with the water emptying completely out of our washing machine. The drain hose goes to a drain pipe behind the washer. We discovered today the the drain pipe itself is partially blocked. We used both a Snake-It auger & commercial strength Drain Out crystals to unblock it but to...

Clogged drain in freezer section? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Magic Chef refrigerator with the freezer box on top. Model is GT15A6. There is ice inside the top of the fridge just underneath the freezer. Also there is ice inside the freezer box on the bottom. I had this problem before, and I defrosted it manually about 3 months ago, and it was...

Main drain clogged - I think [ 3 Answers ]

I'm new to the board, but have read several questions and responses and think you can help me. I have a one floor unit in a 4-unit condo building built in mid-1970s. Previous owner had a low-flow toilet installed at least 7 years ago. This is the toilet from hell. I have to plunge this thing at...

View more questions Search