Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jabag11 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 10:11 AM
    Will working while sick pro-long the sickness?
    I mean mental work. Right now I have the coughs and a runny nose, I am taking vitamin C, fluids and all that stuff but there's just a lot of work I want to get done. Some research on some things and other mental work. I would be doing this all day every day, of course with breaks.

So I ask, if I do this, will it pro-long the duration of my sickness? I mean I heard you can't really get "rid" of a sickness or "cure it", as it usually lasts 7 days. So if you can't really cure it then I'm thinking maybe you can't pro-long it as easy neither.?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 30, 2011, 10:16 AM
    Enough sleep, keeping warm, plenty of fluids, and humidity are the 'cures' for colds.
    I see nothing wrong with working on research. But stay away from other people for their sake, and don't commute through cold wet weather to get there.
    Sitting up and walking around, even when sick, is better for you than staying flat on your back, for most conditions. It helps clear your lungs.
    jabag11 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 10:20 AM
    Will working while sick pro-long the sickness?
    I mean mental work. Right now I have the coughs and a runny nose, I am taking vitamin C, fluids and all that stuff but there's just a lot of work I want to get done. Some research on some things and other mental work. I would be doing this all day every day, of course with breaks.

So I ask, if I do this, will it pro-long the duration of my sickness? I mean I heard you can't really get "rid" of a sickness or "cure it", as it usually lasts 7 days. So if you can't really cure it then I'm thinking maybe you can't pro-long it as easy neither.?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 10:27 AM

There are many ways to look at the situation. Stress can cause your immune system to drop levels and that can prolong an illness. Another thing is that if your in the contagious stages of a flu you can spread it to others. If your running a home office its different then having an office full of coworkers.

So the question is really a situational one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Network 3 computers, Xp Pro not working [ 3 Answers ]

Networking of three computers not working. Computers: 1) XP pro, service pack 3, workgroup name: DOMAIN, name=Main 2) XP pro, service pack 3, workgroup name: DOMAIN, name=Corner(New workstation just built to replace an older one) 3) Xp Pro, service pack 2, workgroup name: DOMAIN,...

DASAN SDSL CPE pro is not working [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm using a pair of DASAN SDSL-CPE PRO modem to connect pcs apart 250m. It was working for one and a half years. But from last month its W/L led is not emitting. L/L led is on and L/A, W/A leds are blinking. And network connection is broken down. Can anyone help me with proper instructions?

Sudden Sickness after a Long Time [ 2 Answers ]

OK So I am a 18 year old college student living in the dorms and I recently became sick. I felt aches all over my body Monday night. I still have aches and I have a minor headache. My roommate thinks it could be mono. I hopes it not though. My appetite is OK and I feel physically tired but not...

How long does morning sickness last? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm nearly 10 week pregnant as you all no. and I'm being driven mad by morning sickness.. if I'm not throwing up I feel like I want to and it last all day! Should this stop soon?

Am I sick? Is my period too long? [ 11 Answers ]

I am worried and so is my mom... I got my period about 3 months ago and it started normal... 3 to 4 days but then it started lasting longer... a lot longer. My period has now been going on for over 2 weeks!! Please tell me if I have to go see a doctor and what kind of illness I could have.

View more questions Search